problem making installskydb work under opensuse 10.2

  • Paul Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
      I can not seem to get installskydb to work under opensuse 10.2.

      Here is the result:

      # installskydb
      Starting PostgreSQL
      Starting PostgreSQL done
      Can't find out the plpgsql language for PostgreSQL
      Install it and re-run this present script !
      hrnowl:~ #

      here is the log

      # cat /var/log/installskydb.log
      could not change directory to "/root"
      postmaster signaled
      could not change directory to "/root"
      createuser: creation of new role failed: ERROR: role "skylendar" already exists
      could not change directory to "/root"
      createlang: could not connect to database skylendar: FATAL: database "skylendar" does not exist
      hrnowl:~ #

      I believe the statement in installskydb where the last error message comes from is:
      su -c "createlang plpgsql skylendar" postgres >> $L 2>&1
      if [ $? == 1 ]; then
      echo -e "Can't find out the plpgsql language for PostgreSQL\n Install it and re-run this present script !"
      exit 1
      fi

      I think the plpgsql language is installed. The file:
      /usr/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so
      exists.

      These rpms are installed:
      postgresql-devel-8.1.9-2.1
      postgresql-libs-8.1.9-2.1
      postgresql-8.1.9-2.1
      postgresql-pl-8.1.9-2.1
      qt3-postgresql-3.3.7-12
      postgresql-docs-8.1.9-2.1
      postgresql-contrib-8.1.9-2.1
      postgresql-server-8.1.9-2.1

      I can not figure out what is wrong! Help!

      --
      Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
      pelliott@... PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
        Here is the content of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

        # cat /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
        local all all trust

        --
        Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
        pelliott@... PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J
        http://www.io.com/~pelliott/pme/ Austin TX 78758-3117
      • stnsls
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2007
          --- In skylendar@yahoogroups.com, Paul Elliott <pelliott@...> wrote:

          > I can not seem to get installskydb to work under opensuse 10.2.
          >
          > Here is the result:
          >
          > # installskydb
          > Starting PostgreSQL
          > Starting PostgreSQL
          done
          > Can't find out the plpgsql language for PostgreSQL
          > Install it and re-run this present script !
          > hrnowl:~ #
          >
          > here is the log
          >
          > # cat /var/log/installskydb.log
          > could not change directory to "/root"
          > postmaster signaled
          > could not change directory to "/root"
          > createuser: creation of new role failed: ERROR: role "skylendar"
          already exists
          > could not change directory to "/root"
          > createlang: could not connect to database skylendar: FATAL:
          database "skylendar" does not exist
          > hrnowl:~ #

          Hello,
          There seems that the database "skylendar" does not exist.
          Get into the pgsql console:

          # psql -U skylendar

          Then, inside postgresql console:

          skylendar=> \l

          should show you all databases, their owner and encoding (\q to quit).

          NB: you should run the script under root...

          ++
          SM