Re: [skychart-discussion] ASCOM Control Panel error

  • Chris Rowland
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
      Joe,

      Yes I saw it, CdC is generating this message before the Chooser is
      called. It's a while since I looked at the CdC sources but my guess is
      that it's using some ASCOM component that's 32 bit only - such as
      Helper.dll. This is throwing an exception and CdC is deciding that it's
      an ASCOM problem. It needs to use the ASCOM Utilities components, they
      are 32 or 64 bits.

      Chris

    • Patrick Chevalley
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
        Hi Chris,

        CdC use ASCOM.Utilities.Chooser for some time now and the object creation work on Win64 with ASCOM 6.
        If this fail, it fall back to DriverHelper.Chooser for people that still use ASCOM 5 or 4, and this part work correctly.

        The current exception is when using the chooser, assigning DeviceType="Telescope" or try to open it with the Choose function.
        The error code is 217, this usually meant that the exception handling environment is not initialized.

        Patrick
      • Chris Rowland
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2012
          Hi Patrick,
          I'll download the 64 bit version and give it a go some time; if I can
          see it for myself I may be ably to provide help instead of guessing. I
          may also have a look at the sources. I won't be instant, life is pretty
          busy at present.

          Chris