TerryUK file uploads this week

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 1, 2006
      Brotherhood of Man first became known internationally in the early
      seventies with hits like "United we stand" and "Where are you going
      to my love"

      The line up of Nicky Stevens, Sandra Stevens, Martin Lee and Lee
      Sheriden followed on with the continental success of "Lady" and the
      million seller "Kiss me kiss your baby".

      In 1976 they won the Eurovision Song Contest with the much loved
      song "Save your kisses for me". The song proved to be one of the
      biggest selling records of all time, selling in excess of five
      million copies. It was number one in 33 different countries
      including the U.K. where it held the top spot for six weeks.

      The group followed on with two more British number ones in the shape
      of "Angelo" and "Figaro". They also had a string of other hits
      including "My Sweet Rosalie", "Oh Boy (the mood I'm in)", "Middle of
      the night" and "Beautiful Lover". There were also five hit albums,
      altogether, earning each member of the group a total of 26 Platinum,
      Gold and Silver Discs....(more) http://www.brotherhoodofman.co.uk/

      Chart success... February 1970 to July 1982 - 10 entries, including
      3 No 1's - 'Save Your Kisses For Me', 'Angelo' and 'Figaro', adding
      up to 96 weeks altogether. Sample their music here...>>>

      The Brotherhood Of Man - Save Your Kisses For Me.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - Angelo.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - United We Stand.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - Together We Are Beautiful.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - Figaro.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - When Will I See You Again.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - Beautiful Lover.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - Where Are You Going To.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - My Sweet Rosalie.mp3
      The Brotherhood Of Man - Bright Eyes.mp3

      enjoy
      regards
      TerryUK
    • Terry
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 5 1:32 PM
        Jet Harris and Tony Meehan began playing together as members of the
        Shadows backing Cliff Richard. Despite the success of the group in
        its own right, both of them decided to quit. Meehan had left the
        group at the end of 1961 with plans to take up a job in A&R with the
        Decca record company. Harris stayed with the group until 1962
        deciding that he could probably do better for himself on his own. He
        was already a well known and popular artist, particularly with the
        female members of the Shadows audiences and Duane Eddy had shown the
        potential rewards for a 'solo' guitarist. This was a very risky
        decision as Jet found playing his own 'lead' quite different to
        playing bass guitar with the group.

        Jet's first two solo singles both made the chart, but he decided to
        forge a link with the former Shadows drummer who encouraged by
        Harris's success agreed to a partnership. Their first single
        release; 'Diamonds' went all the way to the #1 spot and things
        looked to be going all their way. Two more major hits followed, but
        disaster struck in the form of a car crash in which Harris was
        injured. With his partner unable to play, Meehan continued with
        the 'Tony Meehan Combo' and even achieved a minor hit in that guise
        before finally moving off into his A&R role...... more ......
        http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirj/jeth.htm

        Between them Jet & Tony had 5 singles in the UK chart spending a
        total of 57 weeks.

        Use this link to download the following tracks...>>>

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terrence.moore/music/

        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Applejack.mp3 - No 4
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Besame Mucho.mp3 - No 22
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Diamonds.mp3 - No 1
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Footstomp.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Hully Gully.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Scarlett O'Hara.mp3 - No 2
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Some People.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Song Of Mexico.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - The Man With The Golden Arm (Main Title
        Theme).mp3 - No 12

        enjoy
        regards
        TerryUK