TerryUK file uploads this week

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2006
      Three massive No 1's helped Gerry & The Pacemakers become legends of
      Merseybeat. "How Do You Do It", "I Like It" and "You'll Never Walk
      Alone". These were all at the top of the UK chart in 1963, and until
      1965 they were followed by 6 other entries. So in 3 years their
      records spent 114 weeks at various positions including No's 2, 6 and
      8. As most brits know "You'll Never Walk Alone" became the anthem of
      Liverpool Football club ensuring Gerry & The Pacemakers a place in
      history, both musically and in football team songs too.

      Gerry & The Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - Ferry Cross The Mersey.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - Girl On A Swing.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - How Do You Do.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - I Like It.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - I'll Be There.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - I'm The One.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - Summertime.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone.mp3
      Gerry & The Pacemakers - You've Got What I Like.mp3

      enjoy
      regards
      TerryUK
    • Terry
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 5, 2007
        Jet Harris and Tony Meehan began playing together as members of the
        Shadows backing Cliff Richard. Despite the success of the group in
        its own right, both of them decided to quit. Meehan had left the
        group at the end of 1961 with plans to take up a job in A&R with the
        Decca record company. Harris stayed with the group until 1962
        deciding that he could probably do better for himself on his own. He
        was already a well known and popular artist, particularly with the
        female members of the Shadows audiences and Duane Eddy had shown the
        potential rewards for a 'solo' guitarist. This was a very risky
        decision as Jet found playing his own 'lead' quite different to
        playing bass guitar with the group.

        Jet's first two solo singles both made the chart, but he decided to
        forge a link with the former Shadows drummer who encouraged by
        Harris's success agreed to a partnership. Their first single
        release; 'Diamonds' went all the way to the #1 spot and things
        looked to be going all their way. Two more major hits followed, but
        disaster struck in the form of a car crash in which Harris was
        injured. With his partner unable to play, Meehan continued with
        the 'Tony Meehan Combo' and even achieved a minor hit in that guise
        before finally moving off into his A&R role...... more ......
        http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirj/jeth.htm

        Between them Jet & Tony had 5 singles in the UK chart spending a
        total of 57 weeks.

        Use this link to download the following tracks...>>>

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terrence.moore/music/

        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Applejack.mp3 - No 4
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Besame Mucho.mp3 - No 22
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Diamonds.mp3 - No 1
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Footstomp.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Hully Gully.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Scarlett O'Hara.mp3 - No 2
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Some People.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Song Of Mexico.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - The Man With The Golden Arm (Main Title
        Theme).mp3 - No 12

        enjoy
        regards
        TerryUK