TerryUK file uploads this week

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 2, 2006
      House of the Rising Sun was, in my opinion, one of THE songs of the
      1960s. Whenever I hear it the hairs on the back of my neck bristle
      and my mind takes me back to those magic times. It was the Animals
      that recorded the song then and a reissue entered the UK charts in
      1972 and 1982. Between April 1964 and that reissue re-entry in 1982
      the Animals had 11 UK chart entries (inc that reissue). Of
      course "House...." went to No 1 and stayed in the UK chart for 12
      weeks. All their entries up to and including 1982 charted for 105
      weeks.

      Enjoy the raw rock of the Animals once again here...>>>

      Baby Let Me Take You Home.mp3
      Bring It On Home To Me.mp3
      Club-A-Go-Go.mp3
      Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.mp3
      House Of The Rising Sun.mp3
      I'm Crying.mp3
      I'm Gonna Change The World.mp3
      It's My Life.mp3
      Let The Good Times Roll.mp3
      We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place.mp3

      regards
      TerryUK
    • Terry
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 5, 2007
        Jet Harris and Tony Meehan began playing together as members of the
        Shadows backing Cliff Richard. Despite the success of the group in
        its own right, both of them decided to quit. Meehan had left the
        group at the end of 1961 with plans to take up a job in A&R with the
        Decca record company. Harris stayed with the group until 1962
        deciding that he could probably do better for himself on his own. He
        was already a well known and popular artist, particularly with the
        female members of the Shadows audiences and Duane Eddy had shown the
        potential rewards for a 'solo' guitarist. This was a very risky
        decision as Jet found playing his own 'lead' quite different to
        playing bass guitar with the group.

        Jet's first two solo singles both made the chart, but he decided to
        forge a link with the former Shadows drummer who encouraged by
        Harris's success agreed to a partnership. Their first single
        release; 'Diamonds' went all the way to the #1 spot and things
        looked to be going all their way. Two more major hits followed, but
        disaster struck in the form of a car crash in which Harris was
        injured. With his partner unable to play, Meehan continued with
        the 'Tony Meehan Combo' and even achieved a minor hit in that guise
        before finally moving off into his A&R role...... more ......
        http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirj/jeth.htm

        Between them Jet & Tony had 5 singles in the UK chart spending a
        total of 57 weeks.

        Use this link to download the following tracks...>>>

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terrence.moore/music/

        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Applejack.mp3 - No 4
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Besame Mucho.mp3 - No 22
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Diamonds.mp3 - No 1
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Footstomp.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Hully Gully.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Scarlett O'Hara.mp3 - No 2
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Some People.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Song Of Mexico.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - The Man With The Golden Arm (Main Title
        Theme).mp3 - No 12

        enjoy
        regards
        TerryUK