TerryUK file uploads this week

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 4, 2005
      I've decided to open the 'Files' file in the group and upload files
      at a low bitrate (56kbps), they sound fine to my ear. It's Shakin'
      Stevens turn to be first. So let me know if you find the playback
      OK - thanks.

      Goto...>>>

      'Files' to access these files.

      01 - What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For
      02 - How Many Tears Can You Hide
      03 - Jezebel
      04 - Sea Of Love
      05 - True Love
      06 - Just One Look
      07 - Oh Julie
      08 - Do You Really Love Me Too
      09 - Im Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
      10 - Hello Josephine
      11 - Women ( What Have You Done To Me )
      12 - Heartbeat
      13 - Tired Of Toein The Line
      14 - Mona Lisa

      regards
      TerryUK
    • Terry
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 5, 2007
        Jet Harris and Tony Meehan began playing together as members of the
        Shadows backing Cliff Richard. Despite the success of the group in
        its own right, both of them decided to quit. Meehan had left the
        group at the end of 1961 with plans to take up a job in A&R with the
        Decca record company. Harris stayed with the group until 1962
        deciding that he could probably do better for himself on his own. He
        was already a well known and popular artist, particularly with the
        female members of the Shadows audiences and Duane Eddy had shown the
        potential rewards for a 'solo' guitarist. This was a very risky
        decision as Jet found playing his own 'lead' quite different to
        playing bass guitar with the group.

        Jet's first two solo singles both made the chart, but he decided to
        forge a link with the former Shadows drummer who encouraged by
        Harris's success agreed to a partnership. Their first single
        release; 'Diamonds' went all the way to the #1 spot and things
        looked to be going all their way. Two more major hits followed, but
        disaster struck in the form of a car crash in which Harris was
        injured. With his partner unable to play, Meehan continued with
        the 'Tony Meehan Combo' and even achieved a minor hit in that guise
        before finally moving off into his A&R role...... more ......
        http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirj/jeth.htm

        Between them Jet & Tony had 5 singles in the UK chart spending a
        total of 57 weeks.

        Use this link to download the following tracks...>>>

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terrence.moore/music/

        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Applejack.mp3 - No 4
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Besame Mucho.mp3 - No 22
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Diamonds.mp3 - No 1
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Footstomp.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Hully Gully.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Scarlett O'Hara.mp3 - No 2
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Some People.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Song Of Mexico.mp3
        Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - The Man With The Golden Arm (Main Title
        Theme).mp3 - No 12

        enjoy
        regards
        TerryUK