Welcome

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      To all members of the Skin Pickers Group...

      My name is Lee. I'm 22 years old, from Melbourne, Australia. I've
      decided to create a new haven for those of us who compulsively
      pick... whether it be our hair, face, feet, cuticles or arms.

      The Yahoo Pickers Group has been bombarded with SPAM so I am to
      combat it by moderating this group and evicting any SPAM members.

      I aim to bring across as much of the information, links, pictures and
      posts from the old group as possible. Please be patient.

      My private email is lee_jaz@... should you have any questions.

      Please let us know:

      When you discovered you had a problem
      How/when you discovered it had a name
      Any remedies you can offer
      Your personal habits (so we know we're not alone)

      This group is a place for us to open up and feel normal.

      Good luck everyone,
      Lee
    • Sarah Oen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
        Hi,
        my name is sarah and im 20 going to uni of Texas.  i pick at my head almost all the time, it hurts really really bad and i sometimes cant brush my hair.  i have been doing this since i was about 16 but it got worse from about 18 onwards.  i hate going to the hairdressers because they make a fuss, trying to tell me i should 'just stop.'  my mom pulls her hair out so we both have been trying different ideas that will get us to stop.  the only one that works for a little while is wearing a hat while im studying.  this is usually the time i pick the most becuase i zone out and my hands are free.  the hat works for a bit, untill i get pissed off and just take it off.  some people say it might be stress related, but i havent noticed me only doing it in stressfull situations.  when i do pick at my head, im usually totally zoned out to the real world and nothing matters till i finish.  pretty nasty i know. all i know is i wish it would go away.
        sarah

        Lee <lee_jaz@...> wrote:

[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Jen
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
          Lee,

          i have the same EXACT problem. Its like i get satisfied from
          picking at my friggen scalp. I even get fake nails on and that still
          doesnt help.