886Re: making and destroying saints we wish we had

  • Ruy Silva
    Jan 5, 2000
      Dear Margaret,
      The problem is that lot of stuff about ancient healing and civilization is
      channelled material which can't be proved to be true or false. What you have said
      in fact is much of what I have said here and on other lists but I noticed that
      you have not noted that others like myself just don't see things in the same way
      as you or Patrick. I don't know who you are refering to "stoning Patrick". All I
      those I have seen are people who do not see the things as he does. He is not
      irritating me. I am just saying although I am prepared to let him do his own
      thing and believe what he wants to believe we have a right believe what we all
      want to believe individually. I know Patrick knows what I mean when I say he does
      not reflect the image that he can accept that others not not see things his way
      and that he is the one, it appears, won't let things and people be what they are.

      I can only say that I am all too familiar with group dynamics and the
      difficulties a leader may have especially when trying to lead a group who
      consider themselves his peers. In my time I have had to face groups of people,
      similiarly, and they would be very challenging of your views and if you don't
      have your facts right you are in for serious trouble. I have learned my own
      bitter lessons about group control or playing subgroups against each other or
      trying to create team spirit. I think a short while ago he was doing more than
      speaking out. That is why I thought he was fostering the same situation which may
      have happened in his class.

      I do not have to argue your various points as I see a lot of compassion and
      understanding in your message but through my contacts with him here and elsewhere
      Patrick seems to have gradually changed and it now seems he is the one who needs
      to look in the mirror and within himself. My perception of his communications is
      that he imagines anger in others where no anger appears to exist and he imagines
      hostility when none was intended. You summed it up in your words "Freely.
      No one can *expect* another to adopt his or her belief system, but they can
      hope."
      You assumed I was "irritated by him" because of my message. It would seem that
      you are saying I am one of those stoning him. If my messages here do make it
      appear that I am doing that I am sorry. I offer my deepest apologies to him,
      yourself and others who feel the same way. And if I am not welcomed on this list
      because I am expressing views that do not agree with Patrick's and others on this
      list I am prepared to leave it. I do hope somehow Patrick will get this message.
      This is the 2nd time I have seen him run from a situation where he could have
      shown that he can accept people not agreeing with him. As I said before I feel at
      heart he is a gentle and kind person. I hope Patrick would take your advice. In
      fact we on this list should sit back reflect on what you said and maybe we can
      learn a lesson or 2 about ourselves. If Patrick would just do his thing and what
      he believes and teaches what he thinks is right and good for others but also be
      human and be humble. If he or any of us for that matter have made mistakes admit
      them and and learn from them. This is a lesson I learned from a colleague of
      mine, years ago. He was taking over the management of an office from me. He made
      a bad mistake in handling an argument between a member of the public and a staff
      member. He misjudged the staff member and gave the impression that he would
      please the public at all costs. He called a general staff meeting and explained
      what he did wrong and before everyone he apologised to the staff member concerned
      in front of 50 odd members of his staff and myself. He won the hearts and most
      importantly the loyalty of the staff in that office and managed that office very
      successfully.

      Ruy