Chapter 11 in Sketching in Nature book

  • sandyw2410
    Message 1 of 7 , May 24 6:58 AM
      Hi, everyone!

      It's been hard to concentrate on working from Kate's book but I finally finished my journal page for Chapter 11, sketching animals. I just couldn't get a good live sketch of the birds or squirrels here in our yard so I went to our local nature center and sketched the mounted specimens. Believe me, it was way less frustrating than to sit in wait for a clear view of a squirmy squirrel!

      Check it out if you get a minute. I always love to read your comments.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/11285869@N03/4635050061/

      Now, on to the last chapter!

      Sandy in Michigan
    • donn
      Message 2 of 7 , May 24 10:51 AM
        Looks like you're doing quite well with the sketching in nature series.  Nice work.

      • soundofwings2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 24 12:05 PM
          Donn,

          I've been living with the "Sketching in Nature" book in my pocket since January 1st and here I am, just one more chapter to go!  Maybe Kate will hold another online class when she completes her new book on journaling.  Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

          Sandy in Michigan

          Message 4 of 7 , May 24 12:23 PM

            From what I've read, you're the only one who has faithfully went through the book chapter by chapter and did a wonderful job with it.
            More power to you.  Great sketches all the way.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 24 1:46 PM
              Donn,

              Thanks!  Its been a wonderfu experience and I feel a real sense of accomplishment that I've made it throught to the end!

              Sandy in Michigan

              Message 6 of 7 , May 28 8:53 PM
                This is another terrific group of drawings, Sandy! You've done such a great job with the sketching in nature project. A couple of people have already said this, but let me add my voice to those saying that you are quite an inspiration! Bravo!

                Melinda

                Melinda Bilecki
                http://www.melindabilecki.com
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/45178014@N00/
                melindabilecki@...

              • soundofwings2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 29 3:46 AM
                  Melinda,

                  Thanks for your comments!  I have SO enjoyed going through this book and again being inspired by Kate's enthusiasm and knowledge.  I'm dragging my feet a bit about starting on the last chapter, but I hope to keep adding images to this group anyway, after I'm done.  And I certainly will be checking in to see what everyone else is doing!

                  Sandy in Michigan