Sandys post Chapter 9

  • sandyw2410
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
      Hi, everyone!

      I hope you're all enjoying these first days of spring!

      Talk about great timing. Just as I opened up Chapter 9 of our Sketching in Nature book, the one about sketching plants, the snow melted away and the flowers exploded out of the ground. It is so amazing how quickly they come on. So, out I went, but this time without gloves, boots, scarves and a big bulky coat! And it was such a treat to paint something besides snow and bare trees.

      So far the earliest flowers are aconite, snowdrops and crocus. If you have a minute please stop by and take a look. I always love to read your comments!

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/11285869@N03/4428306960/

      Sandy in Michigan
    • J G VICKERS
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
        Great!  I commented on your Flickr page, but wanted to ask - How about a picture of you sketching without all the layers for my gallery?

        Connie
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/scooterburger/
        http://connie-askbelievereceive.blogspot.com/

      • soundofwings2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
          Connie,

          As soon as we get some sun I'll round up someone to take my picture outside in the garden.  Maybe I can convince Callie to sit with me -- I haven't had a new picture of her for two years!

          Sandy in Michigan

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
            Sandy, I admire how you've stuck with this project all through the
            winter. I can't say the same about myself. I took a break. Will
            get back at it soon.
            Karen
            http://flickr.com/photos/28510097@N04/
            http://kmyartplace.blogspot.com

          • soundofwings2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2010
              Karen,

              Well, I stuck it out through the worst weather but all my paintings were starting to look the same since it was always cold and snowy out.  I'm so glad I'll have new subject matter -- but now I'm up to Chapter 9 -- I'm nearing the end!  Well, I got a copy of Kate's new Watercolor Tricks book so maybe I can pick out a few projects from that one.

              Sandy in Michigan

              At 04:41 AM 3/13/2010, you wrote:
              >Hi, everyone!
              >
              >I hope you're all enjoying these first days of spring!
              >
              >Talk about great timing. Just as I opened up Chapter 9 of our
              >Sketching in Nature book, the one about sketching plants, the snow
              >melted away and the flowers exploded out of the ground. It is so
              >amazing how quickly they come on. So, out I went, but this time
              >without gloves, boots, scarves and a big bulky coat! And it was
              >such a treat to paint something besides snow and bare trees.
              >
              >So far the earliest flowers are aconite, snowdrops and crocus. If
              >you have a minute please stop by and take a look. I always love to
              >read your comments!
              >
              >http://www.flickr. com/photos/ 11285869@ N03/4428306960/
              >

              >Sandy in Michigan

            • Karen

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 14, 2010
                  Karen,

                  I know how life with all its twists and turns can get in the way of our "plans!"  I hope your health issues turn out well soon.  I'm looking forward to seeing your new sketches.

                  Sandy in Michigan