Skeptical story in today's USA TODAY

  • Eric Krieg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 1999
      People,

      Check out USA today - page 8D. It includes a good plug for the
      Philadelphia Skeptics group and my web page (which is getting plenty
      of extra hits). The story is the first major media coverage of
      Dennis Lee's 12 year history of raising money for free electricity
      machines (always promised in about 2 months).
      I would like to thank a number of other skeptics and local
      skeptics groups who helped work with local press all across the
      country to air the story. A network of people in cyber space has
      investigated Dennis's traveling show and been very successful
      getting local press to pick it up. Journalists seem to really
      appreciate people who can fast track them on a story
      and offer the scientific point of view. The story has some
      great quotes from Bob Park, a few "recovered" former associates
      of Dennis and an attorney general. Anita Manning (copied) gave a
      well rounded accurate account.
      I encourage my fellow skeptics to trade story ideas with other
      local skeptics groups and to feel free to do the media a favor
      by pointing out stories of interest. You easily get email addresses
      of TV stations by city and state from:
      http://www.gebbieinc.com/tv/
      And you can find most local newspapers from:
      http://inkpot.com/news/usstate.html
      I believe Good Morning America will do the story on Friday.

      Again, I appreciate the many people who have helped out on this.
      --

      Eric Krieg eric@...

      http://www.phact.org/e/dennis.html