skeptic email list UFO rods

  • Eric Krieg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 1999
      Folks,

      Anyone in Arizona can catch my 10 AM Sunday morning skeptic show - see:
      http://www.syc.org/y

      there is a great site for computer virus myths:
      http://www.kumite.com/myths/

      The daily skeptic
      http://members.tripod.com/~JebZingo/DS/main.html
      --

      There are now UFO people saying there are "flying rods" that appear
      in pictures. The following web page tries to show this at:

      The following is a writing from a skeptic whose opinions are banned from
      beliver forums:
      ====================================

      Yes, I agree and thank you very much for your opinion. I know as a
      photographer and videographer the "rods" displayed on that website are
      artifacts of motion blur. Some of the more defined "evidence" on that site
      are motion blurred specular highlights from the wings of flying insects and
      birds, those frames are nearly identical to the stroboscopic studies of bird
      flight completed more than 50 years ago.

      I've introduced a high-speed photo technician to the man responsible for
      the web page but of course he'll have nothing to do with project plans,
      base-lining equipment and or tendering a proper technical document of his
      findings, although he readily admits he has no high-speed footage of rods to
      date.

      So, if you run across someone passing off uncontrolled footage of
      uncatalogged exposures as a new life form please understand the reasons.

      --

      Eric Krieg eric@...

      http://www.phact.org/phact