Fwd: Fw: MOVIE: "The Fourth Kind" Is A HOAX! Alien "Abductions" are Fantasy!

  • erickrieg@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009

      here is a report about another movie sure to move weak minds towards belief in nonsense:

      Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 9:07 AM
      Subject: MOVIE: "The Fourth Kind" Is A HOAX! Alien "Abductions" are Fantasy!

      http://io9.com/5397359/the-fourth-kind-is-a-hoax

      BILLY MEIER and The PLEIADIANS Offer Their Views on ALIEN "ABDUCTIONS!":

      http://theyfly.com/lost/Archives/meiersb34.htm

      http://theyfly.com/Contact_424.html

      UFO-ALIEN ABDUCTION MOVIE: "THE FOURTH KIND" IS A GIGANTIC HOAX! / THE
      MOVIE FRAUD IS BEING PROMOTED BY PROFESSIONAL ENTERTAINERS! -
      By Annalee Newitz, io9.com, Friday, November 6, 2009

      Alien abduction flick The Fourth Kind bills itself as containing "actual
      footage" from case histories. But this footage is so poorly faked that
      it insults the audience's intelligence. So why are people still calling
      this movie scary? Spoilers ahead.

      The movie has an incredibly terrifying premise. Hundreds of people have
      gone missing from the tiny, isolated town of Nome, Alaska since the
      1960s. These missing persons cases have never been solved. But then a
      psychiatrist named Abigail Tyler starts investigating a rash of sleep
      disorders in Nome, and discovers that her patients are all having the
      same visions of white owls who interrupt their dreams.

      And when she hypnotizes one of her patients to find out more about this
      "owl," he is reduced to abject terror and then flees her office to kill
      his family and himself. Another patient, when hypnotized, starts
      screaming in ancient Sumerian and starts levitating.

      Eventually Tyler realizes the people of Nome are being abducted by
      aliens, and she has been too. Set her discoveries against the tragic
      backdrop of her husband's recent, violent death (by aliens?) beside her
      in bed, and you've got a mega-spooky idea.

      Plus, there is actual documentary footage from the "real life" Tyler's
      sessions with these patients. And she even manages to record herself
      being abducted by aliens who scream at her in Sumerian. Having grown up
      utterly terrified by the alien abduction scene in "Close Encounters of
      the Third Kind," I understand why "The Fourth Kind" sounds scary.

      Plus it promised to be a pseudo-documentary, showing us
      never-before-seen footage of people who have evidence that they've been
      stolen from their beds at night by hostile aliens. Sealing the deal was
      a star turn by Milla Jovovich, who makes every action movie more
      awesome.

      But the movie stumbled out of the gate by hanging most of its fear power
      on a fundamental dishonesty. There is no "archival footage." There are
      no "actual case studies." Instead, we get badly-acted, blatantly fake
      documentary footage which fuzzes out whenever anything alien happens.

      There is some interesting editing, where filmmaker Olatunde Osunsanmi
      shows the fake footage split-screened alongside a reenactment of the
      fake footage and you feel like you're either watching 24 or some kind of
      weird art-school critique of documentary realism. Unfortunately the
      ashen fake/real Tyler is such a bad actress, and her CGI-widened eyes so
      "alien," that you wind up with the sense that Osunsanmi and crew thought
      audiences for this movie would be so monumentally stupid that they would
      fall for anything.

      I'm not against fake documentaries. I loved Paranormal Activity, which
      was effective because the actors seemed so effortlessly real. Nothing
      felt stagey or artificial about that movie's "documentary" evidence.
      What pushes Fourth Kind from the merely bad into the actually insulting
      was the filmmakers' insistence that the documentary evidence was real.

      Actors from the "documentary" portions of the movie are uncredited, and
      many media outlets are still reporting that the footage is real. There
      was even an ill-fated Web campaign to create false professional
      credentials and publications for Abigail Tyler, but after investigative
      reporter Kyle Hopkins revealed them as fakes they were taken down.

      Here's what Hopkins wrote:

      Try Googling "Abigail Tyler" and "Alaska." You'll get a link to a
      convincingly boring Web site called the "Alaska Psychiatry Journal" --
      complete with a biography of a psychologist by that name who researched
      sleep behavior in Nome. Except the site is suspiciously vacant, mostly a
      collection of articles on sleep studies with no home page or contact
      information. Another site,

      http://www.alaskanewsarchive.com

      features a story from the Nome Nugget about Tyler moving to Nome for
      research. The problem? The story is credited to Nugget editor and
      publisher Nancy McGuire, who says it's baloney and she never wrote
      it.Both the news site and the medical journal site were created just
      last month, according to domain-name research sites. Ron Adler is CEO
      and director of the Alaska Psychiatric Institute.

      Denise Dillard is president of the Alaska Psychological Association.
      They said this week they've never heard of the Alaska Psychiatry
      Journal, or of Abigail Tyler. So basically the movie's fakery was so
      badly done that people involved with the movie didn't even bother to
      create a convincing "Abigail Tyler" Web site that they could maintain
      once the movie came out.

      What I'm saying is that Fourth Kind reeks of laziness. Despite having a
      great concept, it fails at every turn to make that concept convincing or
      menacing. And this lackluster mood permeates all aspects of the film --
      not just the poorly-executed hoax gimmick at its heart. There are three
      competing, poorly-integrated stories vying for your attention in this
      movie.

      FIRST, there's the alien abduction story, and the mystery around what
      the aliens are doing, which is never solved. All we know is that the
      aliens are scary, and that they steal people out of their beds. We never
      understand why anybody would want to be hypnotized by Tyler and Co.
      after the first few people she hypnotizes kill themselves or get their
      backs broken when aliens possess them and distort their bodies.

      Even though Tyler has two credible witnesses to every single hypnosis
      session, including one that involves alien possession and levitation,
      those credible witnesses mysteriously never corroborate her story. So we
      see her screaming and crying when police arrive to arrest her for
      breaking her patient's back, and neither of her credible friends comes
      forward to say, "Actually I was there, I am a licensed whatever, and
      this guy broke his own back while having some kind of alien-induced
      seizure."

      SECOND, there is the mystery of how Tyler's husband died. She remembers
      him being murdered by an intruder, and for most of the movie her
      psychiatrist friend is trying to hypnotize her so she can remember the
      intruder's face. But then it turns out that actually her husband shot
      himself, and she hallucinated the murder.

      And everybody, including her friend, knew this all along. But nobody
      tried to tell her. So we've got this hallucinating, crazed lady who is
      being allowed to hypnotize people? And who still has custody of her
      kids, even though her son is clearly scared of her? By the time the
      aliens "abduct" her daughter during a fuzzed-out documentary moment, you
      are ready for her to be arrested and put in a psychiatric hospital.

      Finally, there's a whole "chariot of the gods" idea that's sort of flung
      into the story as if we weren't already up to our eyeballs in disbelief
      we couldn't suspend even if we wanted to. The aliens speak in ancient
      Sumerian, which a professor is inexplicably able to understand, despite
      the fact that the only access to Sumerian he has are from ancient texts.

      Nobody knows how the language would have been pronounced. Still, he
      figures out that the aliens are yelling things like "I am god," and
      using the word "destroyed" a lot. We also don't understand why they're
      still speaking an ancient language -- you'd think by now they would try
      speaking English since they've been abducting Alaskans since before
      Sarah Palin was born.

      So we're left with an absolute mess of crappily-done documentary
      footage, inexplicable aliens who act more like demons than scifi
      creatures, and a main character (Tyler) who seems like a complete crazy
      lady. Milla Jovovich still manages to shine, though it's hard when she
      has lines like, "My baby! They stole my baby!"

      By the end of "The Fourth Kind," you'll feel swindled -- and not in the
      happy, they-fooled-me way. I can only assume that people who were scared
      by this movie, or even vaguely intrigued by it, were responding more to
      the movie's concept rather than its execution. There were a lot of ways
      Osunsanmi could have taken this movie to salvage it. He could have
      focused on making the documentary hoax convincing by creating believable
      footage and a smarter online presence.

      Or he could have pushed the movie over into the realm of Weekly World
      News camp, winking at the audience while also delivering some chills.
      Instead, he wrote and directed a movie whose earnestness is laughable --
      and whose "reality" segments feel more staged than Jon and Kate Plus
      Eight.
      UFOs and EXTRATERRESTRIALS RESOURCE PAGE:

      http://www.nhne.org/tabid/1035/Default.aspx

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220198/

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220198/mediaindex

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_encounter

      UFO-ALIEN ABDUCTION MOVIE: "The FOURTH KIND" IS A GIGANTIC HOAX!

      http://io9.com/5397359/the-fourth-kind-is-a-hoax

      BILLY MEIER and The PLEIADIANS Offer Their Views on ALIEN "ABDUCTIONS!":

      http://theyfly.com/lost/Archives/meiersb34.htm

      http://theyfly.com/Contact_424.html

      The 5 Must-See VIDEOS on "The FOURTH KIND!"

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_h0CblQ0sg&feature=related

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BENDh1sRPX0
      /
      http://www.fanpop.com/spots/horror-movies/videos/8828568/title/fourth-kind-scenes