Stop Subsidizing Televangeists: Join a PreacherWatch Party

  • iandb1@spamcop.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      July 19, 2004
      Stop SUBSIDIZING televangelists
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      Hello Secular Coalition Activist,

      We need your help collecting data about televangelism!

      Maybe you've already seen the story on our website -
      http://secular.org/fcc.html . In May, the Secular Coalition submitted
      a formal complaint to the FCC about the free ride televangelists are
      receiving from satellite television companies like DirectTV. (Of
      course, we all know nothing is really free; these religious programs
      are supported by unsuspecting satellite TV customers!)

      While we await the FCC's response to our complaint, we could use your
      help gathering information about these shows. Are they as educational
      as DirectTV claims? The ones we watched were hardly that.

      But don't take our word for it. We need you to watch some TV preaching
      for us -- any televangelist show at all -- and report your own
      findings. Better yet, invite your friends over for the evening and
      have a PreacherWatch party! We make it easy for you to tell us what
      you saw -- just enter the data on our Web form at
      http://secular.org/preacher.html . (Please take a look first at our
      guidelines and questions.)

      Thanks for your help returning educational channel access to real
      educational programmers! We can't wait to see your comments.

      Best wishes,
      The Secular Coalition for America

      The Secular Coalition for America
      http://secular.org

      The Secular Coalition for America is the nation's first and only
      lobbying organization for nontheists. Our mission is to increase the
      visibility and respectability of nontheistic viewpoints within the
      larger culture and to protect and strengthen secular government as the
      best guarantee of freedom for all.

      Help us send a lobbyist to Congress! http://secular.org
      Did a friend forward you this message? Subscribe yourself at
      http://secular.org/list.html