From The National Association For Stupid Acceptance (The NASA)

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2004
      Greetings, fellow seekers of knowledge!

      I have three announcements to make:
      1) The NASA re-launch pending
      2) Whale Watch Cruise
      3) MeetUp Meetings

      Details below:

      1) Please look for the the upcoming Re-Launch of "The NASA" at
      www.imwithstupid.org.

      50% of the population has below-average intelligence
      The National Association for Stupid Acceptance (The NASA)
      We Ain't No Rocket Scientists
      www.imwithstupid.org
      Because Stupidity Does Not Excuse Ignorance

      We will have a whole new look, with new articles, tons of links, a
      WebLog (Blog), message boards, etc.

      Whee!

      Volunteer writers welcome!

      2) In 2005 The NASA will be hosting the Third Annual Lake
      Winnepasauke, NH Whale Watch Cruise. This will be our first Stupid
      Event.

      Why is this our Third Annual Whale Watch Cruise? Obviously we intend
      to travel back in time to host two more cruises this year and last
      year.

      We will be accepting payment for the previous two years as well, with
      Time Machine tickets and t-shirts included.

      3) Join the Skeptics MeetUp group!

      All over the country, at the same day and time, Skeptics all over
      will be attending local Skeptics "munches"-- casual meetings of like-
      minded people.

      Joining is free, but you're welcome to send me money if you wish.

      For more information on the Skeptics Meet-Ups, see:
      http://skeptics.meetup.com/

      WHAT
      Had enough of astrologers, UFO buffs, psychics, homeopaths, and
      spirit channelers? Yearning to talk with someone rational for awhile?
      Meetup with other local skeptics for some refreshing and sane
      conversation.

      WHO
      Skeptics Worldwide (and friends.) So far, 436 have signed up.

      WHEN
      Saturday, April 24 @ 3:00PM
      (4th Saturday of every month.)

      WHERE
      Up to 635 cities around the country.

      For other related MeetUp groups, see:

      Atheists
      http://atheists.meetup.com/

      Brights (The re-labeled Atheists)
      http://brights.meetup.com/

      Secular Humanists
      http://humanism.meetup.com/

      Science Fiction Fans
      http://scifi.meetup.com/

      People for the Separation of Church and State
      http://churchandstate.meetup.com/

      Important Fact of the Day:
      Sleeping with a cat does not steal a baby's breath.