Fwd: Re: [skeptical] The Hidden History of the Human Race

  • Sidney Hagen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2002
      Note: forwarded message attached.

      HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
      http://www.hotjobs.com
    • Nathan Shumate
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2002
        On 10 Aug 2002 at 6:15, Sidney Hagen wrote:

        > Note: forwarded message attached.

        And I did the same thing Sid did (lists that reply to the poster? Bah!),
        so here's the response I sent him:

        The problem here (aside from the obviously facetious suggestions --
        aside from the problems inherent in figuring out how to exploding a
        null-space in the labratory, who would be around to record the
        results?) is that you're confusing "faith" as the word is normally used
        ("belief just cuz") with "reasonable assumption" to fill in gaps in a
        data set. I don't know where Christopher Columbus was when he
        was thirteen; but I don't think that instance of ignorance justifies me
        in calling into question his existence in the historical record.

        Nathan