moon launch hoax - a new low for even FOX?

  • eric krieg
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16 7:58 PM
      People,

      Fox normally panders to the most simple of limbic responses in the most simple of minds. I guess I've become
      numb to their promotion of immorality, stereotypes, hollywood spins and utter nonsense (aside from perhaps the
      Simpsons on some days)
      I was personally greatly offended that they took the single greatest achievement of mankind and ran it through
      the muck. The worst offense of a scientist is to fake results or steal credit from others. They accuse hundreds
      of scientists of not just being too incompetent to make it work, but to participate in a massive lie and then for
      every damn one of them to stick to the lie for 33 years. Of course many of the nations finest engineers of the
      time are also implied to be total phonies and conspirators as well. Jealous idiots who would never have had
      anything to contribute to such an achievement were given essentially unchallenged air time to bash our nation.
      The most filthy of their slander was the message that NASA had the 3 astronauts that died purposely killed.
      What an utter load of crap. My wife watching started yelling, "I can't believe these liars get away with this, lets
      never watch FOX again, I want to join your skeptic club".
      Of course the only "skeptics" were dizzy looking old men mumbling useless comments. The producers would
      have known full well that there is a natural explanation for all the slander.

      The following is a good scientific debunking of one of the biggest bits of trash out of FOX since
      the alien autopsy.

      http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

      Eric

      PS: this stuff here was posted on the PhACT discussion board:
      http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi?acct=mb961366&TPP=&TL=982330318
    • Fred
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
        eric krieg wrote:
[...]

        I have long since stop watching FOX, NBC, CBS, and all the rest. The airwaves are filled with total garbage; not worth my precious time. Tabloid TV to the max. Scraping the bottom of the barrel for ratings. I really hope they all go bankrupt someday.

        Even the Discovery Channel has stooped to lows on occasion.

        It kills me. I have both Satellite and Cable -- hundreds of channels, and yet at any given time I am hard-pressed to find even one thing worth watching.

        Ironically, the kids DO have some decent choices to tune into. PBSKids & Noggin usually has quality programming that the kids can benefit from. My daughter has learned much from "Bill Nye the Science Guy", who does a fairly good job most of the time promoting science.

        I do have a channel or two that does college-level courses, but the bulk of them are at a freshman level, so of little use to me. I would love to find a channel that did nothing but grad-level material. Alas...

        It would seem that our country is an intellectual wasteland.

        The blatant attacks on the intelligentsia by the exploitive media is already causing a damage that is incalculable by any standards. The media drives the people, and the people drives the politicians, and the politicians enact damaging policies in response, which the media only amplifies, etc.

        And we wonder why California has do do rolling blackouts. Why? Because Nuclear Energy has been given a bad rep in this country. Today, there are nuclear technologies that are not only safer than ever, but cheaper to implement, too. But not in this country. People in this country would rather have smog and global warming and acid rain than clean nuclear energy that produces a minimal amount of waste instead of the megatons dumped into the atmosphere by fossil fuel plants annually.

        In such a culture, is it really a surprise that FOX spews forth such garbage as well?

        The following is a good scientific debunking of one of the biggest bits of trash out of FOX since
        the alien autopsy.

        http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

        Eric

        PS: this stuff here was posted on the PhACT discussion board:
        http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi?acct=mb961366&TPP=&TL=982330318

        -Fred
         I sometimes wonder why I should bother caring at all.