Re: [skeptical] Digest Number 134

  • Ian D. B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2001
      One alarming trend I have noticed is at least one
      chiropractor is giving out homeopathic "medicine" on
      top of other herbs.

      In other words, an imaginary medication on top of an
      herbal stimulant or depressant. That way, the the
      patient actually feels something other than the
      placebo effect and perhaps attributes it to the
      "magic" in the homeopathic stuff.

      On a different topic, I have nothing against
      homeopathy and other forms of "alternative" medicine.
      I consider them necessary to continuing natural
      selection. Along those lines, I think patients should
      have a choice... either "alternative" OR Medicine.
      Let's end this selfish double-dipping into the HMO's
      by people seeking "complimentary" medicine. If
      someone really believes in this crap, let them put
      their money-- nay, their survival-- where their mouth
      is. When you sign up for an HMO, you should have an
      option: Alternative or Medicine. Let's allow Darwin
      to end the debate over which is better, once and for
      all.

      Failing that, I think all homeopathic "medicine"
      should be labled "Sold as a Novelty Item Only."

      =====
      *(*(* Ian *(*(*Home page: http://www.WebLemur.comSubscribe to Ian's Weekly Horoscopes: http://www.egroups.com/community/WeeklyHoroscope

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/