Re: [skeptical] BEARDEN'S MEG - JLN TEST RESULTS GIVE OU?

  • eric krieg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2000
      Collin,

      reports like that don't impress me much. It is easy to mismeasure power. Much
      of my history of false free energy claims at:
      http://www.phact.org/e/dennis4.html
      documents such false excitement. If they really had over unity, they should
      quickly get past the complex question of comparing input to output power
      by just supplying all input power from excess output power. There is also
      the issue of getting independent test results. From what I know of Tom
      Bearden, he mostly traffics in alt physics theory which sounds like gibberish,
      but that his followers nod along to like the crowd to the emperors new cloths.
      Tell them to get it to put out real power and then talk to me about winning
      my $10,000 for real proof. I'd be honored to lose my money for something
      that would solve a high percentage of the worlds problems.

      Eric

      Collin Milhuisen wrote:

      > Hi Eric,
      >
      > I would like your comments on the latest claims from Tom Bearden and
      > Jean-Louis Naudin concerning their MEG projects
      >
      > The test results claiming a 700% over-unity are on his web site -
      > what do you think? TESTS RESULTS LOOK GOOD?
      >

      > see: http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/megv21.htm ,
      > main page is at http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/meg.htm
      >
      > see also: http://www.soft.no/MEG/
      >

      > regards,
    • Charles Ford
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2000
        Collin, and group

        I have written several emails to JLN concerning this "instrument
        error" asking him to close the loop and prove once and for all that the
        MEG is Over unity..... You guessed it... no response.

        Fraud or error does not matter. This is the same scenario that I have seen
        with all of the electrical OU gadgets that I have looked at.

        JLN is using a Lambda power supply (nice) with Digital current meter (very
        nice)

        The panel meter that Lambda uses is an averaging meter. (Rejected by
        Radio Shack back in the early 90's) This means that it digitizes the input
        value with a sample rate of say 100 KHz and displays the average reading.

        Sounds good. smooth accurate value is displayed.... NOT!

        The input driver for the MEG that JLN is using gates the current at about
        10% duty (much like a television fly back) There is a short surge of
        current that is many times higher then the meter is capable of
        measuring. The meter clips the measurements to its maximum value then
        averages that number in with the rest (near zero). In this way the
        current meter should show about 10% of the actual average current. except
        the bipolar transistors that he is using to drive the thing have a current
        gain of about 7 (not very efficient) so he waists current turning the
        primary driver on. Rather then getting the 1000% reading that he could be
        getting with MOSFET drivers he is only achieving 700%

        With all this in mind you soon see that the closer to the maximum meter
        reading you get the greater the error. Also the shorter the on cycle the
        greater the error. Crank the numbers through a calculator and like magic
        you have a huge OU...

        Now all you have to do is trust your readings beyond reasonable levels of
        human faith... never ever attempt to verify the input current (that makes
        the effect go away) Spend all of your effort examining the output (there
        is no error there).

        At 11:45 PM 11/22/00 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi Eric,
        >
        >I would like your comments on the latest claims from Tom Bearden and
        >Jean-Louis Naudin concerning their MEG projects
        >
        >The test results claiming a 700% over-unity are on his web site -
        >what do you think? TESTS RESULTS LOOK GOOD?
        >

        >see:
        ><http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/megv21.htm>http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/megv21.
        >htm ,
        >main page is