Skeptical update

  • eric krieg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      People,

      it was a real bummer to lose Steve Allen a prominent supporter of skepticism.
      It seems like in addition to having lost a few other prominent skeptics, a
      number of our leaders are really getting up there in years.

      Anyone with a good memory of skeptical sources of information on Ouija boards, please pass them to:
      MegasAner@...

      I encourage skeptics to check out your local groups - the following is a list:
      Skeptical Organizations
      I recently talked with Barry Karr, the executive director, he says they are
      going to try to spawn a few more local groups.

      The following is a great directory of cranks:
      http://www.crank.net/

      My buddy, Dennis Lee is still squeezing his followers for every last cent,
      a recent quote of his spells it out:

      "I need to encourage you to do this no matter what it takes for you to
      do it. You can take in partners, limited partnerships, get a loan, break the kids piggy
      bank, max out the old credit cards, borrow against the insurance, cash in the Christmas
      fund or even the college fund because if you get them at $2.50 now before the 15th,
      it's going to be easy to get that money back".

      I have a wav file of this at:
      http://www.phact.org/e/z/dennis3.wav

      Time magazine now has a "Skeptical Eye" column by Leon Jaroff. - This issue
      does a great job to skewer Homeopathy.

      Eric Krieg