327Surrender in the War on Drugs

  • Miss Reason
    Jun 17, 2008

      Law enforcement officials tell us that the majority of serious crimes inAmerica are committed by drug addicts trying to finance their illicit habits.  For decades we have tried to deal with this problem by incarcerating drug addicts and cutting off the supply of illegal drugs.  Both campaigns have been miserable failures.  It’s time that we face reality:  WE LOST THE WAR ON DRUGS.  And there’s nothing we can do to win it.  So let’s SURRENDER.  Make all drugs legal inAmerica , if used by an adult.

      The result of legalization of drugs would be a major drop in serious crime, especially murder, armed robbery, and burglary.  There would also be a decline in the corruption of public officials, who are bribed with vast amounts of money because illegal drugs are so immensely profitable.  We would save hundreds of billions of dollars which are being WASTED arresting, prosecuting, and incarcerating drug addicts.

      Opponents of legalized drugs argue that it might result in increased drug addiction.  Perhaps so.  But the fact is that millions of people have addictive personalities.  If they aren’t using cocaine or heroin, they are probably going to be addicted to another drug, such as alcohol, which can be even worse.  We can create drug counseling programs and hope to cure addicts, but realistically we are going to fail with millions of people.  We need to cut our losses and stop fighting a futile battle against illegal drugs.

      Please add your comments on my BLOG at http://MissReason.blogspot.com, and view my VIDEO at http://www.youtube.com/MissReason2.