322The Greatest Christmas Gift of All

  • miss.reason
    Dec 27, 2007

      Christmas is a time of WASTE. Precious time and money are squandered on presents that are often underappreciated (you've heard of re-gifting?).

      Instead of spending money you don't have, why not decide that this is the last year you will waste on buying presents for everyone? In the future cut out all Christmas gifts, or just give a few to some very special people in your life.

      If you are fortunate financially, as I am, why not give the money you usually throw away at Christmas time to charity? I recommend tax-deductible donations to The Seva Foundation. For as little as $50, Seva can restore sight to one blind person (by performing a low-cost cataract surgery in the poor countries of the world).

      Of course the greatest gift of all is the gift of REASON. Let's all dedicate the coming New Year to making more reasonable choices in our lives, and encouraging others (especially our government) to do the same.

      Happy Holidays,

      Miss Reason - http://MissReason.blogspot.com

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic