Outlaw biker's sexual wings patches -are they real??

  • Peter Huston
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 1998
      (Hey! Someone help me out here - if I wish to post a post with sexual
      content or the ability to offend how do I warn people?. What's the proper
      "nettiquette." This is such a post.)

      Let me just ask a quick question here. I've got a pair of books here aimed
      at law enforcement personell which deal with "outlaw biker gangs." One's a
      reprint of a US marshal's report and the other is a commercially produced
      book on police and law enforcement gun fight and tactical operations'
      techniques which is normally not made available to the public.

      Now these books state that "outlaw bikers" wear patches of different sorts
      and these patches have meanings. I'm sure there's some truth in this
      overall concept but question some of the claimed details.

      They claim, and I'm about to get crude, that there are different winged
      patches that "outlaw bikers" wear on their "colors' vests" and that these
      have meanings. A common series is wings of different colors similar to
      paratroopers wings. These wings normally refer to the wearer having
      participated in various sexual acts, normally cunnilingus. For instance, if
      someone has performed cunnilingus on an AFrican-Americna women they earn
      the right to wear black wings. Yellow=an Asian. Blue=a female cop. purple =
      cunnilingus on a dead person. Green= on a woman with VD. I am not making
      this up. That's what these two books say. I am however skeptical. Please
      remember the police are the same one's who advocated much of the Satanic
      ritual abuse scare stuff and Satanic graffiti codes. There are other
      colored wings I decided to leave out in interests of good taste. (Yes, I do
      have some.)

      Here's the source. I looked it up. Remsberg, Charles. 1986. "The TActical
      Edge -Surviving High Risk Patrol." Calibre Press, Northbrook IL. p. 271 for
      the blue patch.

      Anonymous. 1992. "An Inside Look at Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs." Paladin
      press. This is, I believe, a reprint of a US marshalls publication with an
      earlier copyright date. p. 38-39.

      Does anyone know anything about any truth behind htis belief or how far
      it's spread?

      Peter Huston
      phuston@...

      "To me every animal is beautiful -It is only human
      beings who distort themselves by dressing badly."
      -Zsa Zsa Gabor
    • Chris Norloff
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 1998
        At 04:47 AM 12/29/98 , Peter Huston wrote:
        >Now these books state that "outlaw bikers" wear patches of different sorts
        >and these patches have meanings. I'm sure there's some truth in this
        >overall concept but question some of the claimed details.
        >
        >They claim, and I'm about to get crude, that there are different winged
        >patches that "outlaw bikers" wear on their "colors' vests" and that these
        >have meanings. A common series is wings of different colors similar to
        >paratroopers wings. These wings normally refer to the wearer having
        >participated in various sexual acts ...

        I've been riding motorcycles, teaching how to ride them, and travelling
        around the US for 13 years, and have occasionally heard similar things from
        non-riders, but never from riders.

        "Colors" (patches and clothing showing particular group affiliations) are
        very important to the people who wear them, and I wouldn't doubt that some
        have expanded colors to include more than what group they're with. I
        wouldn't doubt that some very small minority could wear patches for the
        acts you described, but this is likely not common.

        For those interested in bikers who wish to be considered "outlaws", I
        recommend reading Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels. It's one of
        Thompson's better works. Favorite quote (going from memory here), about
        biker babes - "They had the wary glances of half-bright souls, grown mean
        and nervous from too much bitter wisdom in too few years."

        Chris Norloff
      • David Palmer
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 1998
          Peter Huston [mailto:phuston@...] wrote:
          > Now these books state that "outlaw bikers" wear patches of
          > different sorts
          > and these patches have meanings.

          This is one of those things that *might* have had a grain of truth
          someplace, somewhere, but got codified into "cop knowledge" and is now most
          likely completely worthless as a general piece of information.

          > remember the police are the same one's who advocated much of
          > the Satanic
          > ritual abuse scare stuff and Satanic graffiti codes.

          Exactly so. In my 15 years as a news photographer, I dealt quite a lot with
          cops. I rode with them, hung out with them, and was occasionally threatened
          by them. Based on my experience, I can tell you that the main reason the
          prisons are so full is NOT because your average cop is as clever as the ones
          on TV, but rather because your average crook is dumb as fossilized yak dung.
          Another thing about cops is that they tend to be EXTREMELY dogmatic. Once
          something becomes "cop knowledge," it is treated like holy writ.

          Because cops operate in a rigid, rule- and credo-based organization,
          frequently they imagine that the same sort of thing exists in organizations
          like gangs. In reality, such order rarely exists.

          >That's what these two books say.

          The fact that you find the same information in multiple sources sometimes
          means nothing more than the latter authors got their information from the
          earlier ones without bothering to check the facts.

          *************** Regards, Dave Palmer <dpalmer@...> ****************
          As much as the author would like to spend precious minutes of the rapidly-
          dwindling time remaining in his life responding to your kind and thoughtful
          letter about how he is going to spend eternity in a lake of fire being eaten
          by rats, he regrets that he is unable to do so, due to the volume of such
          mail received.
          **************** http://members.xoom.com/dwpalmer/home.htm *****************