is this group active?

  • wingedthought19
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2009
      hi is this group active and actually about the sixth and seventh book of moses? all topic in the messages of recent seems completely different . was just wondering
    • zaramad
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
        Yes, it is about the 6th & 7th Books Of Moses, and I'm hoping there's still enough interest to get it active again.

        I've been away for quite awhile, and in my absence several spammers got in and proceeded to flood the group with advertising spam. The spammers have been banished and banned from the group, and I've emptied all their spam put of the archives.

        I've placed the group under moderation to keep spammers and spambots out going forward, and will be looking for an additional moderator to help with the task.

        Thank you for asking, and I hope we can get the discussions going again.

        PERQVAERENS ARCANVM ARCANORVM

        -=Zaramad=-

        --- In sixthandseventhbooksofmoses@yahoogroups.com, "wingedthought19" <greensun11@...> wrote:

        > hi is this group active and actually about the sixth and seventh book of moses? all topic in the messages of recent seems completely different . was just wondering

      • crocker_amazon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
          Greetings!

          I'd like to get the ball rolling by starting a discussion about the book itself. What are the beliefs that the other members here have about this book? For example, recently I was presented the notion that the book itself has a presiding spirit. That candles should be burned next to the book accompanied with prayer for 7 days before the book should be used and that the book should be read in reverse to keep the 'black dragon' from catching you.

          What have you heard/read about this book?

          Crocker
        • zaramad
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 22, 2010
            Thank you for posting, Crocker!

            There's been quite a lot of interesting lore that has accumulated around the book over the centuries. In its earliest origins it is closely connected with the Faust legends in Renaissance Germany, and in more recent years it has been assimilated into such diverse folk magics as Pennsylvania Dutch Hexcraft, Jamaican Obeah, and Rootwork and Hoodoo in the United States.

            One that comes immediately to mind is the legend of the book as a "Black Bible" written in white letters on black pages to signify the averse character of its contents. This may have been inspired by the fact that in most editions the seals themselves are printed in this way.

            Will collect some more from my notes over the years and post next week.