Fresh scans

  • Joseph Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      I have placed the first batch of fresh scans in the
      photos section.

      These include the seals of the seven great princes, which are oriented
      incorrectly in the English editions. Scheible printed them in black
      and red ink, which of course is also lost in the English editions.
      Further, the English edition incorrectly labels them as Azielis,
      Arielis, Marbuelis, Mephistophilis, Barbuelis, Aziabelis, and
      Antquelis [sic] i.e. Latin genitive case, "Aziel's" etc. They should
      be listed as Aziel, Ariel, Marbuel, Mephistophiles, Barbuel, Aziabel,
      and Aniquel. The German "Siegel oder Characteur zum zwang und
      gehorsam" means "seal or character for coercion and obedience" i.e.
      for compelling obedience.

      The citations are also full of typos. For example, the EE reads
      "Citatio Aniqnelis: Thoeos, Aba, Aaba, Aba, Agathoswaij, Yzoroij,
      Ywetho, Quardos, Quasoai Uschjjros, Cijmoe, Qowathim, Gefoij, Zarobe,
      Weghatj, Ohegathorowaij, Mesows, Xalose, Waghthorsowe, Wephatho,
      Yzebo, Storilwethonaij, Quorathon, Sijbo, Mephor, Wijhose, Zaloros,
      Ruetho, Zebaathonaijwos, Zijweth, Ycarij, Ruwethonowe, Ruiathosowaij
      Zebaoth, Messias, Aniquel." should read: "CITATION OF ANIQUEL: + Theos
      + Aba + Zaba + Aba + Agathosway + Yzoroy + Ywetho + Zardos + Quaosoe +
      Yschyros + Cymoe + Zowathym + Gefoy + Zarobe + Weghaty + Phegathoroway
      + Mesowe + Xalose + Waghthorsowe + Wephatho + Yzebo + Storywethonay +
      Quorathon + Sybo + Mephor + Wyhose + Zaloros + Quetho + Zebathonaywos
      + Zyweth + Ycary + Ruwethonowe + Quiathosoway + Zebaoth + Messias +
      Aniquel." Note: In medieval Latin "citatio" often means a judicial
      summons.
      -JHP