In need of guidance

  • yardsman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2002
      First off I would like to say hello to Dr. Mojo and all other members
      of this group. To start off, a brief intro., I have just started
      to "learn" hoodoo, rather haphazardly, for the last year. I have done
      a few psalms with candles, and seals, with varying effects. A lot of
      questions coming up, any help will be greatly appreciated. What is
      magic? I have read some say its within and that tools we use are just
      physical manifestations of necessary energies needed to make our
      wishes true but if so, why can't I meditate and get the same effect.
      Who decided what oil, and what color candle, and what herb has this
      purpose and how? How does the different phases of the moon work with
      hoodoo? I know different phases have different meanings, how long
      does each phase last for, when is it at its strongest? How can I gain
      more power, prophetic dreams, etc. I tried using a seal, but it
      didn't work...do I have to do it more than once? I anointed the
      candle, wrote my wish on the back of the seal which I bought from a
      store (the seal was in red writing) yet I still haven't got that
      dream I was suppose to get. If someone would be willing to be my
      mentor who is knowledgeable about this stuff, I would greatly
      appreciate, even if you just pointed out the right books. I am really
      interested and I don't want to just poke around cuz this is no
      playing thing. Can I make spells...I need one for winning
      scholarships so I can enter university and finding lovers? How much
      participation do I need for a spell to work...like if i did a spell
      for a job, i wouldn;t sleep all night and day, expecting a job to
      land on my lap , magic doesn't work like that, does it? Can magic
      physically manifest on the human body, make one taller,shorter.
      Help??!!!!

      Bleesed, Caapaset