Re: Eighth,Ninth and Tenth Books ??

  • doctormojo
    Message 1 of 205 , May 10, 2001
      The title of the Henri Gamache book (see post #5)
      is somewhat misleading, but I'd *DEFINITELY*
      recommend getting and reading the book if they have it in
      your area! It's an old favorite of mine that I've
      re-read many times over the years.<br><br>It's actually a
      book *about* the 8th, 9th, and 10th Books of Moses and
      the middle-eastern and afro-american occult lore
      concerning Moses career as a magician, i.e., "The Great
      Voodoo Man of the Bible". It also includes selected
      spells from the ancient Hermetic magical papyri as
      examples of the kinds of magic Moses might have worked as
      an Hermetic sorcerer.<br><br>Have a look at Cat
      Yronwode's summary of the book at the following
      correctly points out that the 8th book resurfaced among the
      Graeco-Egyptian magical papyri earlier in this century. In the
      years since Gamache wrote his book (somewhere in the
      1940s I think), the 8th Book of Moses has been
      translated into English by Hans Dieter Betz and published in
      his anthology THE GREEK MAGICAL PAPYRI IN
      TRANSLATION:<br><br><a href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0226044475/o/qid=989551388/sr=8-1/002-7143666-2256804 target=new>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0226044475/o/qid=989551388/sr=8-1/002-714
      traditionally called "The Sword of Moses" may in fact be the
      lost 9th and 10th Books of Moses. You can find an
      English translation of it in the Twilit Grotto Esoteric
      Archives online at the following
      Grotto archives is available on CD-ROM for under $50,
      and is a real bargain for what you get, IMO (assuming
      you have a computer). A collection of ancient,
      mediaeval, and renaissance magical texts that a magician in
      those times might have spent a lifetime searching for
      and not found but a handful.<br><br>See
      ago and found it worth its weight in gold. And the
      newer ones have even more stuff on them than mine does!
    • hexxyx3
      Message 205 of 205 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hello Zaramad,<br>Thankyou for responding to my
        inquiry.<br>How are the oils at Panpipes??I'm on their mailing
        list but I've never been to the store.One place I've
        shopped at for years is Eye of the Cat.They have a good
        selection of herbs.I know Indio very well.They have the
        best prices.<br> Thanks again,<br> Hexxy