    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 1999
      Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:33:02 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (98)

      Tomorrow (Nov. 30) is the birthday of the Bhagavad Gita. To celebrate this
      occasion we uploaded two articles on the Bhagavad Gita. The first is by
      Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj titled "Gita Jayanti". In this
      article, the Holy Master describes the glory of the Bhagavad Gita and how
      its birth is celebrated at Sivananda Ashram. This article is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/gita_siva.htm

      The second discourse is by H.H. Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj. The
      title of the discourse is "The Gospel of the Bhagavad Gita". In this
      discourse, Swamiji explains the fourfold conflicts we face, i.e. conflict
      with other people, conflict with ourselves, conflict with Nature and
      conflict with God, and how we can resolve them with the teachings of the
      Bhagavad Gita. This article is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/gita_krishna.htm

      There are now two sites with news and information about Swami
      Sivananda Centenary Charitable Hospital at Pattamadai, India. They are at:
      http://www.sssc.org.my/html/service1.htm
      and
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/2524/

      VARIETY OF MISERS: Sri Pattamma, a great devotee of the Master, came for
      his Darshan. The Master enquired of Sri Govindaswamy, who had close
      connection with Sri Pattama's family before he came to the Ashram, "Have
      you attended on her properly?"

      "Yes, Swamiji."

      "What have you given her?"

      "I have not given her anything but I have talked to her."

      "You have only given her smiles and laughter. It is called 'laughing
      donation'. Many people come here. They just speak some sweet words to me,
      laugh and go away. They give me only 'laughing donation'!"

      All were in mirth on account of this humour.

      The Master added some more. "Do you know the varieties of misers?" he
      asked Swami Sadananda, and himself answered, "Wonderful misers, confirmed
      misers, registered misers!"

      "No one can go through life without making mistakes. Do not brood over the
      mistake. Repent for it; then forget it, but remember the experience
      gained." - Swami Sivananda