    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 1999
      Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 03:29:20 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (96)

      We hava uploaded a booklet titled "The Eye of the Hurricane" by Gurudev
      Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. This is from a lecture delivered at the
      Fritchman Auditorium, Los Angeles, on August 21, 1975. This is an
      inspiring talk with many parables on how to stay centered on one's Self
      in any situation. This booklet is at our free books page at:

      We have also uploaded the November-December 1998 newsletter (Heart of
      Sivananda) of the DLS of Maryland, USA. This issue focuses on Karma Yoga
      with articles by Swami Sivanandaji, Swami Chidanandaji and Swami
      Krishnanandaji and verses from the Bhagavad Gita on Karma Yoga. This issue
      also contains detailed instructions on Savasana (relaxation posture). Each
      bimonthly issue will be in this new format. The newsletter is in both
      HTML and PDF and they can be accessed from:

      Please contact Samarpana at simado@... for information on obtaining
      the printed version.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      ps. I will be away at Chicago to be in the company of H.H Sri Swami
      Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj until the 24th of November. Sivananda Day-to-Day
      will resume after my return.

      A CAREFREE WASP: The Master had just finished his lunch when a lovely wasp
      gently strolled over his plate, took a little prasad and flew away. Lucky

      The Master looked at it affectionately and said, "Look at this wasp. It
      merely alighted on the plate, took a little bit of food and flew away. Has
      it to think about earning money, purchasing groceries, cooking or eating?
      Does it ever concern itself or worry about running the Divine Life Society
      or the Ashram? It knows nothing about accounts or annual reports, and yet
      it is as happy as any person!"

      "Satsanga (association with saints) keeps the fire of aspiration blazing
      in the heart of man. Satsanga bestows spiritual nourishment. Satsanga is
      one of the gates to Moksha." - Swami Sivananda