    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 1999
      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:39:13 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (95)

      Sri Howard Halpern has put Gurudev's letter in beautiful HTML format for
      our website. The new format of Gurudev's letter is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/announce/oct98_letter.htm

      Please feel free to send feedbacks to Howard at
      halpern@...

      This month's discourse is by Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. The
      title of the discourse is "Why You are Called Radiant Atman". The URL of
      the discourse is:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/nov98.htm

      THE MASTER'S WIT: A party from South India attended Satsang. After it was
      over, the Master enquired of them, "Who among you is prepared to remain in
      the Ashram permanently? Who among you has real discrimination and
      dispassion?"

      Nobody dared to give a reply. At last, seeing an elderly woman among them,
      the Master told her, "You remain here. Let the others go."

      She consented to the proposal.

      At once the Master said, "Then come here. Those who belong to the Ashram
      will have separate accommodation. The others can sleep in a different
      room. Come along, come here!"

      The woman did not come forward and just gave an evasive reply, "If God
      favours, the day will come when I also shall join the Ashram."

      All enjoyed the Master's deliberate wit!

      "What is the greatest joy that never becomes distasteful? That is the
      bliss of the Self." - Swami Sivananda