    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 1999
      Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:46:14 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (94)

      The Divine Life Society of South Africa will be celebrating the 50th year
      of its founding by Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji in 1999. As part of
      the celebration all books published by the Divine Life Society of South
      Africa are now being sold with 30 - 50% discount. Please visit the DLS of
      South Africa web page for the book titles at:
      http://www.sivananda.dls.org.za/

      For more details you can also send e-mail to:
      sivananda@...

      For your information, the Sivananda Day-to-Day incidents in our e-mail are
      taken from "Sivananda's Gospel of Divine Life". This book has been out of
      print for some time and has just been printed and published by the DLS of
      South Africa.

      This week we have uploaded Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji's "Bhagavad
      Gita for Busy People". As the title suggests, this book is for all of us
      who are busy with work and do not have time to read the whole Gita. In
      this book, Holy Master gives us the quintessence of the Bhagavad Gita.
      This book is available at our free books page at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      We have also uploaded a biography of Sri Swami Omkar. He is a great saint
      who founded Shanti Ashram in South India. Holy Master spent some time
      during his early years as a monk at this Ashram serving the sick. Sri
      Swami Omkar's biography is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/saints/omkar.htm

      Swamiji's biography was taken from Holy Master's "Yoga Lessons for
      Children" published by the DLS of South Africa. "Yoga Lessons for
      Children" is a veritable encyclopedia on the great culture and heritage of
      India. It comes in 9 volumes and is laden with beautiful color pictures of
      wildlife, birds, flowers and Nature in all its glory.

      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji's book, "The Philosophy of the Bhagavadgita"
      has been uploaded to Swamiji's website at:
      http://www.geocities.com/~sriswamiji/

      This book consists of a series of extempore discourses delivered by Swamiji
      during the Course of Training held for students at The Yoga-Vedanta Forest
      Academy of the DLS. As the book's preface says: "The deeply learned
      analysis of the subject, and the spiritual force that is permeating
      throughout the continuity of the Chapters of the book, will, we firmly
      hope, fulfil the innermost longings of the searching spirit of every
      sincere pilgrim on the glorious journey of life."

      SPIRITUAL DISPUTES: While Swami Iswarananda was discoursing on the
      Upanishads during Satsang, the Master said to Swami Sadananda, who was
      sitting beside him, "People fight over mere theories. The dualists say
      that they are right. The non-dualists maintain that they are right, and
      that even after reaching Brahma Loka one will have to take birth in this
      world again. What is the use of such disputes? Do something practical and
      useful. Repeat the Name of Krishna or Narayana. Do some Japa, Kirtan and
      service. When God-realisation comes we will know which is correct--dualism
      or non-dualism. What is the use of fighting about them now? This is my
      view. Am I not right?"