    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 1999
      Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:08:41 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (91)

      Due to the Grace of Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj, we now have
      the capability to put video as well on the Internet. We have uploaded the
      following video clips to our web site:

      1. Swami Sivananda being "mischevious" while eating.

      2. Swami Chidananda's expression when he finds out that we are having our
      retreat at a hotel with an auspicious name, i.e. Ramada (this is from our
      recent retreat in Maryland, USA).

      3. Swami Krishnananda explains what the Divine Life Society is.

      4. Swami Krishnananda explains God, Self and God-realization.

      5. Kids doing Kirtan at Sivanandashram, Rishikesh.

      The video clips can be accessed from our multimedia page at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/multimedia/multimedia.htm

      Please note that some of the clips are not as vivid due to the quality of
      the video tape that I have. Please let me know if you have better quality
      video cassettes of the same or other video tapes of the Master that you
      may have.

      October 5th was the auspicious occasion of Rasa Lila of Lord Sri Krishna.
      We have uploaded a lecture given by Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj on
      this occassion in 1972. Swamiji's clear exposition throws much light on
      this misunderstood Sport of the Lord. The title of the discourse is "The
      Sport of the Infinite" and it is at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/rasalila.htm

      REVEL NOT IN DARKNESS: A few blind youngsters had come from Dehra Dun.
      They had learned to read Braille. The Master sprang a surprise on them,
      "Do you wish to regain your eye-sight?"

      "No, Swamiji," came the instantaneous reply. "We live in a world of our
      own now and we are content to lead the life of blind men." Many who were
      present in the office laughed.

      "You laugh!" said the Master. "You think that these blind boys are
      ignorant and deluded. Their attitude only reflects the attitude of the
      common man throughout the world. Nobody in the world really wants to
      acquire knowledge of the Self. Nobody wants that the blindness of their
      ignorance should be removed. Nobody wants to get out of the darkness of
      ignorance and enter a new, illimitable region of Light!

      "You go on living as blind men. You have got quite used to it. Even the
      thought of a change for a better life frightens you. You don't want the
      inner sight. You go on thinking that you are a Jiva or a man and dread to
      throw off this delusion and attain knowledge of the Self. You want to go
      on retaining your egoistic individuality.

      "I appreciate these young men. They have spoken out their hearts. But many
      people in the world do not do even that. They go on praying, 'O Lord! give
      me Darshan, give me liberation'. But they do not mean what they say. They
      do not really want liberation. They do not wish to lose their
      individuality at all. They prefer revelling in the darkness of ignorance
      and merely pay lip-sympathy to spiritual aspira-tion. If you are sincere,
      if you pray from the bottom of your heart, if you aspire with your heart
      and soul, liberation can be attained this very minute. The surrender and
      aspiration have to come from you. Then the Divine Grace will crown your
      efforts with success."

      "There will be no end to our doubts. Slowly and gradually when the mind
      will be filled with Divine positive thoughts, the negative thoughts will
      vanish along with all such doubts." - Swami Chidananda