    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 1999
      Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:22:37 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (87)

      We are currently preparing for the arrival of Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji
      (described by Sri Swami Chidanandaji as the Crest-Jewel of the DLS) in the
      U.S. Sri Bharat Naik has made a web site to keep devotees and seekers
      informed about Swamiji's visit here. This site also has information about
      a beautiful videocassette produced by Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji. It is two
      hours long and covers flexibility exercises, Yoga Asanas, Pranayams and
      Meditation in great detail. Also available are audio cassettes of guided
      meditation and chanting of the Lord's Names in different classical tunes.
      The web site is at:

      http://www.tezcat.com/~bnaik/

      We have also uploaded the souvenir which was published to commemorate
      Swami Adhyatmanandaji's 50th Birth Anniversary on 3rd. May 1995. The
      souvenir, titled 'Samarpan', has dedications by Sri Swami Chidanandaji,
      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji, senior monks from the DLS and other
      organizations, and devotees and seekers whose lives have been touched by
      Sri Swami Adhyatmanandaji Maharaj. Reading of these dedications is a good
      way to familiarize oneself with Swamiji before meeting him in person. The
      souvenir is available for download from our free books page at

      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      We would appreciate any help from devotees and seekers to get the word
      around regarding Swamiji's visit.

      Thank you.

      BE NOT APATHETIC: There were a number of visitors sitting around the
      Master in the office. He distributed Resolve Forms and Diary Forms to each
      of them. After giving the forms, the Master asked a certain man, "Will you
      send me your spiritual diary every month?"

      "I will try," he replied.

      Immediately the Master remarked, "You don't try to take food. You don't
      try to take tea. You take bread, butter and tea. But you say you will try
      to send me the spiritual diary."

      All laughed and the poor man said something (which was not audible on
      account of the laughter around), perhaps consenting to send the diary to
      the Master.

      "It is not enough if the devotee wants God; the highest devotion is where
      God loves the devotee and behaves as if He is a very servant of the one
      who loves Him. The lives of the saints who lived such a life of
      God-possession are examples practically to be seen in the history of
      religious thought and practice." - Swami Krishnananda