    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 1999

      Salutations and Prostrations.

      Beloved and worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj has asked us
      to make tithing a daily habit. Gurudev has made a strong plea that we
      support the Sivananda Centenary Charitable Hospital. Gurudev urged us to
      put a little money away daily, collect it, and send it to the hospital at
      various times throughout the year.

      Swami Sivananda Centenary Charitable Hospital,
      Kalakkad Road,
      Pattamadai - 627-453,
      Dist: Nellai Kattabomman,
      Tamil Nadu,
      South India.

      The hospital must rely on donations to continue the free clinics used by
      hundreds everyday.

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      KNOWING THE DIVINE WILL: Some members of the Society of Friends, known
      popularly as the Quakers, came from Delhi to meet the Master.

      At the Satsang, at the command of the Master, Swami Sadanandaji delivered
      a long and illuminating lecture, tracing the origin and development of the
      Quaker Movement and showing how the same ideals of the Quakers were being
      worked out by the Divine Life Society in the implementing of the Master's
      precepts-"Serve, love, give, purify, meditate, realise; be good, do good,
      be kind, be compassionate, enquire 'Who am I?" know the Self and be free."

      The lecture was much appreciated by the Quakers and at the close of the
      Satsang they asked Swami Sadanandaji, "How can we know that our will is in
      tune with Gods Will or not?"

      The Master, who overheard the question, at once replied, "By ourselves
      becoming God through self-purification. Unless we purify ourselves and
      become divine, we cannot know the Divine Will, and all our talk about it
      will be mere bazaar talk."

      "Before doing any work, think that you are going to worship God. While
      doing work think that you are not doing the work: God is doing everything
      through me. I am an instrument only. After completion of work, offer,
      offer it at the lotus feet of the Lord as your humble love. Then Karma
      will not bind you." - Swami Chidananda