    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 1999
      Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:13:03 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (81)

      First of all I would like to thank Rob Wilhelm for taking care of the
      mailing list while I was away. I would also like to apologize to devotees
      for any inconvenience that I may have caused for posting Gurudev's travel
      schedule.

      We have uploaded several inspiring articles to the web over the week. In
      this month's discourse, blessed and worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj explains how to infuse God-consciousness in our daily
      life. The title of the discourse is "How to Attain God Before Realising
      Him". The URL is:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/aug98.htm

      We have also uploaded a commentary by Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj
      on the Sandilya-Vidya portion of the Chhandogya Upanishad. Swamiji's
      commentary goes hand in hand with Gurudev's discourse as he describes the
      techniques of meditation on the famous passage "sarvam khalvidam
      brahma--All this is verily Brahman". The URL is:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/sandilya.htm

      We have also uploaded a lecture by Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj in Real
      Audio titled Samvarga-Vidya. In this lecture, Swamiji explains a glorious
      form of self-control in which one absorbs all objects into oneself. This
      technique of meditation (i.e. Samvarga-Vidya) is also found in the
      Chhandogya Upanishad. Swamiji's lecture can be accessed from our
      multimedia page at:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/multimedia/multimedia.htm

      SUBTLE ATTACHMENT: The Master was returning to his cottage after work in
      the office. On the way he met Swami Suddhananda, who was approaching with
      a Sannyasin's begging bowl in his hands.

      "You take food only in this bowl?" asked the Master.

      "Yes, Swamiji," replied Swami Suddhananda.

      "It is very good," remarked the Master, and then added, "sometimes you can
      take food in plates also!"

      "The life of the spirit is not one of suffocation or stifling of the mind.
      It is a gradual growth of the mind spontaneously like the growth of a baby
      into an adult without any kind of stifling of functions." - Swami
      Krishnananda