    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 1999
      Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 20:29:32 -0500
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rob@...>
      To: Divine Life Family <rob@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (77)

      THE MASTER'S EXALTED ATTITUDE:

      Sri Gupta, who had been staying at the Ashram for some days, presented to
      the Master, among other things, a purse to be given to the Master's
      disciple, Gurupremananda. This disciple, however, did not need the purse
      and so it ultimately found its way to Saradananda of the photographic
      department. Sri Gupta later came to know that the purse had been given to
      Swami Saradananda instead of Swami Gurupremananda.

      He therefore approached the Master and questioned him, "Whom do you like
      more, Swamiji, Saradananda or Gurupremananda?"
      The Master kept silent without answering.
      Sri Gupta repeated the question.
      "Why do you ask?" queried the Master.
      But Sri Gupta declined to answer him and said, "First answer my query."
      The Master coolly replied, "To me there is no world," and remained silent.
      Now Sri Gupta was compelled to reveal the reason for his question and said,
      "I gave the purse to Swamiji for presenting to Gurupremananda, but Swamiji
      has presented it to Saradananda. That is why I ask."
      "Gurupremananda did not want it," replied the Master. The conversation
      ended there.