    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14 4:34 AM
      Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 16:35:41 -0500
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rob@...>
      To: Divine Life Family <rob@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (73)

      We have some good news for devotees and seekers in the USA. Blessed and
      worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj is going to grace us
      with a visit for a few days in August. The DLS of Maryland is planning a
      retreat with Gurudev from August 12 - 16. We will keep devotees informed
      on the particulars (registration, accommodation, etc.) as soon as
      everything is finalized.

      Swami Chidananda will also be visiting Montevideo from August 19th to 23rd
      before going to Beirut, Dubai and India.

      The contact information that we have for Montevideo and Beirut are:

      Theresa Decker
      Luisa de Herrere 1042/908
      Uruguay 11300
      Tel: +5982-6221137

      Omar Mansour
      Hi Fi Service
      Leon St. Jurdi Bldg, Hamra
      Rear of Commodore Hotel
      Beirut, Lebanon

      We do not have the contact info. for Dubai yet.

      We have uploaded an essay on Hindu Theology by Swami Krishnanandaji
      Maharaj at

      In this essay, Swamiji tells us why a personal God is needed and goes on
      to give a brief description of the principal and minor gods in Hinduism.
      Swamiji also gives a brief description of some common objects that are
      worshiped by Hindus.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      GIVING UP THE LIQUOR HABIT: "Do you know how people addicted to drinking
      liquor can give up that habit?" the Master questioned Swami Satchidananda.
      He himself furnished the answer: "By chewing some black pepper whenever
      the craving for liquor arises."

      "Overcome all your unfavourable circumstances. Have courage. Be bold.
      Never despair. You will succeed. There is nothing in the world which
      cannot be achieved by a man of right sort of efforts." - Swami Sivananda

      please send a message to rob@...