    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 1999
      Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:34:21 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (65)

      We have uploaded blessed and worshipful Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      Maharaj's advice to children at

      These advice will also be useful to parents by helping them set a good
      example and guide their little ones to Blessedness.

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      THE YOGA OF SERVICE: The Master was proceeding to the Satsang Hall in the
      evening. On the way he met Swami Atmanand and, during the conversation
      said to him, "Always keep a handkerchief in your pocket and whenever you
      find shoes left by others, go and clean them neatly with your
      handkerchief. Go to any hospital and clean the bed-pans of the sick people
      there. This will purify your heart. This is called, 'Shoe-cleaning and
      Bed-pan Yoga'�. It comes under Seva Yoga. Mere Vedantic study will not

      "Be humble. Be patient. Do not try to be big, but be small, until you
      almost become a nothing, which is better for you than to be a large thing
      in the world, a cynosure of all eyes. There is a hope, and so be always
      confident that you will get what you need. Always remember three things:
      1. Be clear as to what you want.
      2. Be sure that you will get what you want; do not be hesitant. Assert...�
      Yes, I am certainly going to get it, and
      3. Start with the effort just now. Do not say 'Tomorrow'.�'Everything is
      clear to me now, and I shall start at it.'

      If these three maxims are before you as your guiding lights, you will
      succeed always, and with everything." - Swami Krishnananda