    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 14:31:09 -0500 (CDT)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (64)

      This month's discourse, "God's Plan For You," is by blessed and worshipful
      Gurudev Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj. This message was delivered
      recently at the Christmas/New Year retreat at the DLS headquarters. In
      this message, Gurudev tells us about God's plan for us and also inspires
      us to give top priority to realizing God. This message was taken from the
      March 98 newsletter of the DLS of Maryland. The URL is:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/apr98.htm

      The DLS of Maryland's newsletter is also online at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/branches/usa/dlsmdnl_mar98.htm

      You can also read all about Swami Gurudevananda's and Pat Gibbon's
      wonderful experience at the headquarters during the Christams/New Year
      retreat in the newsletter.

      We have uploaded "Parables of Sivananda" by blessed and worshipful Holy
      Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj at our free books page at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      In this book, the Master uses parables to beautifully illustrate spiritual
      truths. This book is a real delight to read.

      MASTER'S CATHOLIC VIEWS: "Some Sannyasins will not count one wearing a
      coat, as I do, as a good Sadhu. They use a blanket and roll themselves in
      it, but they object to wearing coats. They have orthodox views--no woman
      should be looked at, no woman should be engaged in conversation, no woman
      should be allowed to enter their Ashrams. After all, what work do they do
      for the good of the world or for themselves. All they do is to teach
      Panchadasi and Gita to five people. But go to any corner of the world, you
      will find someone or the other studying some of my books."

      These remarks of the Master fell from his lips after he had conversed with
      a Sannyasin holding the above views. They reveal the Master's catholic
      views.

      "Close the gates of the senses. Shut the door of the mind. Light the lamp
      in the inner chamber of thy heart and stand face to face with the Lord." -
      Swami Sivananda