    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999
      Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 14:52:45 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (63)

      Om Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram!

      Namaste!

      This week we will be celebrating the appearance day of Sri Ramanujacharya
      on Tuesday and Lord Rama on Saturday. To celebrate these holy days we have
      uploaded several essays and lectures for the benefit of seekers.

      Sri Ramanujacharya, along with Sri Sankaracharya, Sri Nimbarkacharya, Sri
      Madhvacharya, Sri Vallabhacharya and Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu are the six
      teachers of Vedanta.

      An essay on the life of Sri Ramanujacharya, the proponent of
      Visishtadvaita philosophy or qualified non-dualism, can be accessed from
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/saints/ramanuja.htm

      Two inspiring articles on Ramanavami have also been uploaded. One is by
      Holy Master Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and the other is by Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji Maharaj. Both these articles will be of immense help in
      chiselling our character to that of Lord Rama's.
      The articles are at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/ramanavami.htm
      and
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/religions/ramanavami_krishna.htm
      respectively.

      We have also uploaded a biography of a modern saint of recent times who is
      a Visishtadvaitin and also a great bhakta (devotee) of Lord Rama. He was
      an inspiration to our Gurudev, Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj, while
      Gurudev was still a student. The saint is Papa Ramdas of Anandashram in
      Kerala, South India. Papa Ramdas received his spiritual spark from
      Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi. The biography of Papa Ramdas is at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/saints/papa_ramdas.htm

      HUMAN RATS! The Master was returning to his cottage from the office.
      Swami Satchidananda and a few others were also accompanying him. When the
      Master came near his cottage, Swami Satchidananda casually remarked,
      "Nowadays there are too many rats, Swamiji."

      "What are we to do, if they are driven from one room they enter
      into another," remarked the Master.

      Swami Satchidananda expressed concern over the damage the rats were
      causing.

      Upon this the Master said, "Human rats are even more dangerous!"

      All had a hearty laugh!

      "Whatever you do, the fruit of it you have to reap. So, upon the ethical
      level also, breaking the code of moral conduct means sowing the seeds of
      great remorse, sorrow and suffering. Therefore be wise." - Swami
      Chidananda