    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30 9:31 AM
      Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 15:17:00 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (62)

      "Yoga and Meditation: The Philosophical Foundations of Yoga" by Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji is the title of the latest essay that has been uploaded to
      our website. In this essay, Swamiji explains in simple terms the
      philosophy underlying the central objective of human life (i.e. attainment
      of Cosmic Consciousness). Swamiji also gives us practical methods that can
      be adopted by us towards the realization of this supreme state. The URL of
      this essay is

      We also uploaded another essay by Swamiji titled, "Encountering the Powers
      of Nature". This essay serves as a motivation to all of us to keep up the
      practice of Yoga even when it seems like we are going backwards. The URL
      of this essay is

      We are in the process of getting the books in HTML format also for the
      benefit of seekers who don't have Acrobat Reader. Currently, "How to Get
      Vairagya?" and "God Exists" are in HTML at our free books page at

      We have had a number questions regarding domain names. The most common
      being, "what is a domain name?" A domain name is an internet address. For
      example sivananda.org is the domain name for Swami Vishnu-devanandaji's
      Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre. The ideal domain name should be easy to
      spell and remember. An example of an easy to remember domain name would be
      dlshq.org as suggested by Swami Ramswarupanandaji (dlshq stands for Divine
      Life Society "Heart" Quarters).

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      A COMPLIMENT: Sri Suresh and his wife Sri Sohini, together with their
      children, were staying at the Ashram as guests. One night at the Satsang,
      the Master asked Sri Suresh to do Kirtan. Sri Suresh stood up and said, "I
      do not know any Kirtan."

      Master: "Say, 'Ram, Ram'."

      Suresh: "I have no voice."

      Master: "God does not want a good voice."

      Suresh: "I have a cold and therefore cannot sing."

      Master: "You did not give up roti (bread) because you have a cold. You
      have taken roti today. Then why can't you do Kirtan?"

      Suresh then sang the "Raghupati Raghava Raja Ram" Kirtan.

      After completion, the Master complimented, "Wonderful!"

      Suresh: "This is my first attempt, Swamiji. I have not done Kirtan in
      public before."

      Master: "This is the first time? But your Kirtan was very nice."

      On the following day, when Sri Suresh came to have the Master's Darshan,
      the Master said, "Your Kirtan yesterday was very nice. You have a good

      "Conscious actions tend to become unconscious habits." - Swami Sivananda