    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 1999

      Loving prostrations.

      Shree has got a treat for all of us at her web site. She has recorded
      beloved and worshipful Holy Master, Gurudev Swami Sivanandaji's lecture
      titled "Practical Ways to Self-Realisation" in Real Audio at
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/4670/bhajans.htm

      Thus we can have Satsang (association with the wise) with Gurudev whenever
      we feel like it. I have listened to this lecture dozens of times and each
      time it get to be more inspiring.

      I have got the text of the lecture at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/self.htm
      I tried my best to translate the Sanskrit words which Gurudev used.
      Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you need further explanantion.

      Shree also told me that the column on religion in "The Hindu" can be
      directly accessed from http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/THREL.html.

      Speaking of Satsangs, Shree has compiled a list of articles from "The
      Hindu" on the glory of Satsang at
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8891/satsangh.htm

      Thank you Shree for the service that you have rendered for us.

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      WORLD IS GOD: A visitor handed to the Master a spiritual book written
      by him and humbly said, "This is a book written by a worldly man for
      worldly people."
      At once the Master replied, "World is God. It is a book written by
      a godly man for godly people."

      "Enquire "Who am I?" Know thy Self and be free. Thou art not this body,
      not this mind. Thou art Immortal Self. Thou art unborn, eternal,
      changeless, indestructible, ever-pure, all-perfect Spirit or Atman.
      Realise this and be free. This is your foremost duty. Do this through
      selflessness and service, devotion and worship, purification,
      concentration and meditation. Attain God-realisation. Do it now. Abide in
      Bliss, Peace and Perfection for ever." - Swami Sivananda