    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 1999
      Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:46:43 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (58)

      In the latest issue of "What Is Enlightenment?" (WIE) there is a lengthy
      interview (about 12 pages) with blessed and worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj on the subject of "Sex and Spirituality". Throughout
      the interview Gurudev has reiterated the importance of Brahmacharya
      (chastity) for God-realisation. Gurudev also made it clear that the
      practice of Brahmacharya is not old-fashioned, repressive and life-denying
      but is a means to Eternal Life. Gurudev said that there is no suppression
      or repression in an intelligent person who has deeply pondered the whole
      basis of life and is bent on achieving That which is infinitely greater.
      Techniques are also given by Gurudev to get oneself established in
      Brahmacharya.

      The current issue also has interviews with some Tantrics. We have
      uploaded two essays on the subject by Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj and
      Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj since seekers may be interested in what
      the Divine Life Society has to say about Tantra. The essays are at

      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/teachings/tantrayoga.htm
      and
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/tantra_krish.htm
      repectively.

      Gurudev in his interview and also Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj in his
      essay make it clear why the practice of Tantra is not only difficult but
      also dangerous and not recommended for common people.

      WIE usually puts some of their articles online. They have not put the
      current issue online yet. Lets hope they put Gurudev's interview also
      online. Seekers may want to keep an eye on WIE's web site at
      http://www.moksha.org/wie/

      While you are at this site you may also want to read the Fall 95 issue
      which has lectures of Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj.

      RIGHT MEDICINE: A boy came and, after bowing, stood beside the Master.

      Master: "From where are you coming?"

      Boy: "From Bangalore."

      Master: "Are you a student or an officer?"

      Boy: "I have passed the Intermediate of the Mysore University. I wish to
      stay here for some days and if I find this place suitable I shall stay
      permanently."

      Master: "Go back and continue your studies."

      The boy had nothing to say. He did not have a determined desire to stay
      at the Ashram and practise Sadhana. Mysteriously understanding his
      wavering nature, the Master administered to him the right medicine.

      "While we enter into the path of the spirit, humility is the great weapon
      we have and we have no other weapon. God is not afraid of logic. But He
      will, perhaps, condemned to come down to the level of the humble
      supplicant who surrenders himself to the great light that is illuminating
      the whole world everywhere." - Swami Krishnananda