    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 1999
      Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:45:58 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: pkanagar@...
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (55)

      We have uploaded this month's discourse titled "Need for a
      Measure of Detachment" by blessed and worshipful Holy Master
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj at
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/discourse/feb98.htm

      In this discourse the Master explains the true meaning of the much
      misunderstood pratice of detachment.

      There is a wonderful new site on the net dedicated to the
      teachings of H.H. Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji Maharaj. It is at
      http://dailyreadings.com
      Sri Swamiji is one of the Master's foremost disciples.

      We are forwarding here some information about the site.

      Dear Revered Self,

      Wanted to let you know that there is a relatively new site on
      the Net called dailyreadings.com, which, thanks to Swami
      Sushila of the Chiltern Yoga Trust, is publishing online the
      SONG OF GOD (Daily Reading Format), the Bhagavad Gita
      Traslation by Swami Sivananda with Commentary by Swami
      Venkatesananda. Also on site the YOGA SUTRAS of Patanjali (An
      Interpretive Translation by Swami Venkatesananda). Actually,
      not the entire text is there yet. We add about 10 to 20 slokas
      per month.

      Also coming to this site are the 1975 Yasodhara Talks on Hatha,
      Karma, Bhakti, Raja, and Jnana by Swami Venkatesananda, which
      we would describe as a tribute to Swami Sivananda's vision of
      Intregal Yoga (with the basic message that all the yogas are
      but one yoga and that parts of each may be found in all).
      Planned for the site will be streaming audio and video of Swami
      Venkatesananda and H.H. Sri Swami Sivanandaji (thanks to the
      efforts of Venkatesananda, we do have kirtans and speaches by
      Swami Sivananda which we plan to post in streaming audio,
      although it might be a few more months before they are posted).

      We hope you might take a look at the site, and if you think it
      appropriate, perhaps provide a link to it so that seekers may
      find it.

      Yours in Service,

      Om Tat Sat.

      Richard Levy
      rlevy@...

      DIVINE NAME FOR PEACE OF MIND: Sri M. complained to the Master
      that he was not having peace of mind and asked for advice.

      "Do Japa," exhorted the Master.

      "I have been doing Japa for some years now," said Sri M.

      "Then you ought to have gained the benefit," replied the
      Master, and continued, "Pin your faith in the Lord. Do Japa
      more earnestly. The Divine Name is potent enough to allay all
      miseries and to bestow peace. Continue the Japa. God will
      bless you. Everything will be all right."

      "All love, whatever be its nature, is inexplicable. The moment
      it becomes explicable in a scientific language, it ceases to be
      affection charged with vitality. It has a very uncanny
      feature, which also is the characteristic of the love of God."
      - Swami Krishnananda