    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 1999
      Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 21:37:21 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (53)

      REFORMATION OF ROGUES: A young man came to the Ashram and after two or
      three days stay, informed the Master that he had come to take Sannyas.
      When questioned by the Master, he said that he had not taken the
      permission of his father, nor had he informed his father that he would be
      going to Sivanandashram.

      Thereupon the Master smilingly remarked, "Then your father may come and
      take you away, because if anybody is missing in the world, people think
      that he has gone to Sivanandaji and search for him at the Sivanandashram."

      A few days earlier the Master said, "It is my duty to improve rogues. If I
      keep one rogue here, that means the world is saved of that one rogue! Of
      course I will not place one in a responsible position in the Ashram if I
      know his character to be bad; and if one holding a responsible position is
      proved dishonest, I will at once have him removed from such a responsible
      position. But I seldom remove a man from the Ashram unless his conduct is
      too bad to be mended and he is a positive danger to the Ashram as a
      whole."