    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 1999
      Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:34:01 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (52)

      We have uploaded a recent lecture of Sri Swami Krishnanandaji Maharaj
      titled, "Is Modern Science a Challenge to Religion?" I am sure seekers
      will find Swamiji's lecture to be very inspiring. The URL of this lecture
      is http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/scichalrel.htm

      We have also uploaded Holy Master's "May I Answer That?" at our free books
      page at http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/download/download.htm

      This book consists of 272 questions and answers covering many areas
      including Bhakti Yoga (path of devotion) vs. Jnana Yoga (path of
      knowledge), Karma & reincarnation, free will vs. destiny, and origins of

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      MAHA MRITYUNJAYA MANTRA: A lady referred to the Master the case of her
      child who was suffering from a certain bad skin disease. The Master
      handed her a leaflet containing the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra. He chanted
      the Mantra himself to show her how to do it and said, "Ask the child also
      to chant it. If he cannot, it will suffice if you do so. All can chant
      it. When you go to bed and as soon as you get up, you can chant it. You
      can do so also before taking food."

      Describing the glory of the Mantra, the Master observed, "All diseases can
      be cured by this Mantra. It will prevent all kinds of accident. It will
      cure patients even when they are away from the person repeating it. It is
      a Mantra that can confer liberation also. It is the Mantra of Lord Siva."

      "The incarnations of God are supposed to come with a power of divinity,
      whereas the sages and saints are supposed to go with the power of
      divinity. As the one comes with Divine force, the other goes with that
      Divine force. This is why we lay much importance on the birthdays of
      incarnations and the Maha-Samadhi days of Siddhas and Masters." - Swami