    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2011

      Blessed Divinities!
      Salutations and Greetings.

      We are pleased to inform all devotees of Worshipful
      Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj that for the
      first time we are going to stream the Guru Purnima and
      Sadhana Week programmes live from The Divine Life
      Society, Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh, India. The live
      stream can be accessed at:

      The time (Indian Standard Time) and activities that
      will be broadcast are as follows:

      1) Gurupurnima Paduka Puja 15-07-2011 9:00 am to 10:30 am IST
      2) Sadhana week inauguration 16-07-2011 9:00 am to 10:30 am IST
      3) Night Satsang 16-07-2011 8:00 pm to 09:00 pm IST
      4) Night Satsang (Vedic Chanting) 20-07-2011 8:00 pm to 09:00 pm IST
      5) Aradhana Paduka Puja 24-07-2011 9:00 am to 10:30 am IST

      You can determine your local time at the following

      Please avail yourself of this rare opportunity of
      observing the Paduka Puja, Satsang, talks and cultural

      We would appreciate your feedback on the live
      streaming to enable us to decide on using this
      platform for future programmes conducted at the
      The Divine Life Society, Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh.

      -The Divine Life Society-

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      Book Synopsis

      Guru-Bhakti Yoga
      By Swami Sivananda

      Just as Kirtan-Sadhana has been made the special Kali-
      Yuga Sadhana for quick God-vision, even so herein you
      have the New Yoga, a Yoga most eminently suitable for
      this age of doubt and scepticism, pride and egoism. It
      is Guru-Bhakti Yoga. This Yoga is marvellous. Its
      power is tremendous. Its efficacy is most unfailing.
      The true glory of Guru-Bhakti is indescribable. It is
      the Yoga par excellence for this age, which makes God
      appear here before you in flesh and blood and move
      with you in this very life. The hard Rajasic ego is
      the arch enemy of the Sadhaka. Guru-Bhakti Yoga is the
      surest and best Sadhana to destroy arrogance and to
      dissolve the vicious ego. Just as a particular deadly
      germ can be annihilated only by a certain specific
      chemical germicide, even so, to destroy Avidya and
      Ahankara, this unique Guru Bhakti-Yoga is the peerless
      specific. They are the gravest 'Mayacide' and
      'egocide'. They become quite powerless and no longer
      afflict the fortunate soul who saturates himself with
      the spirit of Guru-Bhakti-Yoga. Blessed indeed is the
      man who earnestly takes to this Yoga; for he will
      obtain crowning success in all other Yogas. To him
      will accrue the choicest fruits of perfection in
      Karma, Bhakti, Dhyana and Jnana.

      The qualification for taking to this Yoga is the
      simple trio of sincerity, faith and obedience. Be
      sincere in your aspirations for Perfection. Be not
      vague or half-hearted. Then have perfect faith in the
      one you have accepted as your Guru. Do not allow even
      so much as a shadow of doubt to approach you. When
      once you have reposed absolute faith in him, then know
      that what he instructs you is indeed for your highest
      good. Therefore, obey his word implicitly. Follow his
      teachings to the letter. Be earnest in doing thus, and
      take my word: you will attain Perfection; I assure you

      For more information, please visit:

      From 1st July 2011 to 30th September 2011
      Discount on Publications:
      20% on Orders Upto Rs. 300/-
      30% on Orders Upto Rs. 1,000/-
      35% on Orders Above Rs. 1,000/-
      40% on Orders Above Rs. 25,000/-

      40% Special Discount on the following Pictorial
      Volumes of Worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      and Worshipful Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      1. ES8 Glorious Vision
      2. ES4 Gurudev Sivananda
      3. EC70 Ultimate Journey
      4. EC71 Divine Vision

      Please visit our online bookstore for further details:

      DO IT NOW! The Master once requested a disciple to
      send a particular parcel to a person. The address of
      the person could not be easily found and the disciple
      also forgot the task entrusted to him.

      The first day the Master asked him, "Is the parcel

      "No, Swamiji, I will get it ready tomorrow."

      The next day again the Master asked, "Where is the

      "Swamiji, I completely forgot."

      In a slightly raised voice the Master gave
      instructions where the address was to be found.

      "Yes, Swamiji, I will do it tomorrow," promised the

      The following day, when the disciple went to look for
      the address at the place specified by the Master, he
      was not able to find it. He did not look for it again
      and once more forgot about the matter.

      On the third day the Master found that the parcel was
      still not ready for his inspection.

      When the disciple appeared the Master said to him,
      "Did you forget to have your breakfast today? You have
      forgotten to send this parcel because you do not
      consider it as important as your breakfast. I must
      have the parcel tomorrow."

      When the parcel was ready the next day, the Master
      said, "I am not sure whether you are going to post it.
      You must send it by registered post and bring the
      receipt to me. Then only you may have your lunch."

      While waiting in his cottage for the disciple, the
      Master said, "I am not getting up from here till he
      sends that parcel, brings the receipt and shows it to

      When the disciple finally returned after sending the
      parcel, he appeared frightened and shivering.

      "Have this dish of sambar. You must come and sit in
      front of me and have your food. I must see you eating
      it," the Master lovingly said to him.

      As the Master was having his food he made the disciple
      also sit in front of him and eat.

      "The Grace of the Guru will itself in a mysterious
      manner enable the disciple to perceive directly the
      Brahmic principle within, though it is impossible for
      the spiritual preceptor to point to Brahman as this or
      that or for the disciple to understand how it is prior
      to his direct perception." - Swami Sivananda

      Other Sivananda related lists:
      1) Sivananda Daily Readings

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings& Thought for the Day

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works