    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011

      We have uploaded an article by Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      titled "A Pointing Finger" at:
      http://www.dlshq.org/discourse/jul2011.htm

      Please be informed that we are now having a Special
      Aradhana Concession on all books published by The
      Divine Life Society. For the first time this discount
      is being made available for orders outside of India as
      well. The details are as follows:

      From 1st July 2011 to 30th September 2011
      Discount on Publications:
      20% on Orders Upto Rs. 300/-
      30% on Orders Upto Rs. 1,000/-
      35% on Orders Above Rs. 1,000/-
      40% on Orders Above Rs. 25,000/-

      40% Special Discount on the following Pictorial
      Volumes of Worshipful Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji
      and Worshipful Sri Swami Chidanandaji
      1. ES8 Glorious Vision
      2. ES4 Gurudev Sivananda
      3. EC70 Ultimate Journey
      4. EC71 Divine Vision

      Please visit our online bookstore for further details:
      http://www.dlsbooks.org/

      Book Synopsis

      Fourteen Lessons on Raja Yoga
      By Swami Sivananda

      Life today is full of stress and strain, of tension
      and nervous irritability, of passion and hurry. If man
      puts into practice a few of the elementary principles
      of Yoga, he would be far better equipped to cope with
      his complex existence.

      Yoga is complete life. It is a method which overhauls
      all aspects of human personality. Yoga is a system of
      integral education. The science of Raja Yoga is
      universal, it is applicable to all.

      The fourteen elementary lessons on Raja Yoga are an
      enumeration of Patanjali's octagonal system which
      begins with ethical discipline and ends with the final
      dissolution of the individual perception in the cosmic
      consciousness. No impossible methods are advocated
      herein. No allegiance is demanded to a particular
      cult. Here indeed is shown the way to live full and
      happy life to one's own personal advantage and
      usefulness to others.

      For more information, please visit:
      http://www.dlshq.org/books/es50.htm

      COMPASSION: A horse-cart once collapsed near the
      Ashram and the poor horse became unconscious. It was
      bleeding. Dr Hridayananda Mataji was immediately sent
      for.

      The Master said to her, "See, you have to do something
      for the horse."

      "Swamiji, I am not a veterinary doctor. I do not know
      how to treat animals," she pleaded.

      "No, no. Use your intelligence. If you have mercy for
      animals you will be able to do something. Increase the
      dosage that you normally give to humans, but try to
      save the animal."

      Hridayananda Mataji gave whatever injections came into
      her mind and the animal was saved.

      "Unless you are reflective, you cannot draw forth the
      full value of your study. They may make you a well-
      informed person but they need not necessarily make you
      a wise person, nor a successful person unless study is
      backed by reflection." - Swami Chidananda

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SivanandasThoughtForTheDay/

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings & Thought for the Day
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dlsmalaysia/

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works
      http://www.sivananda.org/publications/mailinglists/