    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17 4:54 AM
      Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 15:38:00 -0600 (CST)
      From: KANAGARATNAM <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (49)

      An articles from Sri Swami Venkatesanandaji's "Sivananda's Integral Yoga"
      has been uploaded at our web site. In this beautiful article Sri Swamiji
      recalls how the Holy Master "Adapts, Adjusts and Accomodates" people who
      have differing religious viewpoints. The Master is very fond of quoting
      the 3As. This article illustrates how the Master puts it into practice.
      The title of the article is "Religious Freedom" and the URL is:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      IDLE SANNYAS: While at the office, the Master referred to the life lived
      by many Sannyasins. He said, "I think life in the world is better than
      idle Sannyas. A Sannyasin has no work to do. He gets up late, takes tea
      and meals in time, does some gup shup and speaks ill of others-'��this man
      is like this; that man is like that'�

      "I think householders are a thousand times better. They have a sense of
      duty. They work from morning till eight in the evening. The Sannyasins
      on the other hand simply take Ganges bath and meals. They face no
      resistance. So they evolve horizontally! If they proceed to the plains
      they will be aware of their weaknesses.

      "Sannyasins should introspect and find out how much Japa they have done,
      how much service they have rendered. The orange robe often means more
      egoism. I am not speaking of all Sannyasins but of some of them."

      "Ethical perfection is the basic requisite for spiritual attainment." -
      Swami Sivananda