    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2010

      Today (August 4th) is the 47th Anniversary of the
      Punya Tithi Aradhana (passing away) of Sri Swami
      Sivanandaji. In honour of this occasion we uploaded an
      article by Sri N. Ananthanarayananji on the Last Days
      of Gurudev. This is at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      Book Synopsis

      Elixir Divine
      By Swami Sivananda

      ELIXIR DIVINE is the last work of H.H. Sri Swami
      Sivananda before he laid aside his mortal vesture.
      This little book of profound teachings from a mighty
      saint of the modern age attracted many an aspiring
      soul and we found that in a short period all the
      copies of the previous edition got quickly distributed
      and a necessity was felt to bring out this edition.
      It is verily true to its name, for through its pages
      we get the vivifying portion of Divine Wisdom by which
      we are spiritually revived and the life in tune with
      Divine is restored to us. It is a great sage's last
      message to mankind, bestowed out of His abundance of
      love to humanity. We have a firm hope that the
      Sadhakas the world over will deeply benefit by a study
      of these precious gems of wisdom contained in this
      beautiful work of inspirational writings from the pen
      of the great saint. We wish its readers inward
      illumination and the needed solace.

      For more information, please visit:

      VALUE OF PAID SERVICE: Two inmates quarrelled and one
      of them decided to leave the Ashram and take up paid
      service elsewhere.

      The Master summoned the person and poured forth a
      torrent of spiritual advice, "Oh! You want to go? You
      want to take up a job? What will you get out of it
      that makes you think of leaving this wonderful
      environment? For what reason after all? Just because
      of a little ill-treatment and insult! If it is honour
      that you want, I will honour you daily. I will give
      you a royal salute everyday. I will make others also
      salute you and bow to you if you want. Will that do? I
      only wish that you would not for a trivial reason lose
      the opportunity of a lifetime of living a life of
      Sadhana and divine glory. Can there be a greater

      "What are abuses and insults to a spiritual aspirant?
      Some words are uttered and some sounds made, which are
      really nothing but vibrations in the air. But they
      upset you at once. They upset you so much that you
      will even throw away the blessings of divine life and
      prefer to go and become a slave for a monthly
      pittance. Is this a sign of discrimination and
      intelligence? The true aspirant never cares for
      honour. He cares only for God. If a man utters abuses,
      in what way does it affect you? If he calls you an
      ass, do you develop four legs and long ears? If he
      calls you a dog, do you grow a tail? Certainly not.
      Then why do you behave in this foolish manner?"

      The aspirant's eye was opened. He stayed.

      "Happiness comes when the individual merges in God." -
      Swami Sivananda

      Other Sivananda related lists:
      1) Sivananda Daily Readings

      2) Sivananda's Thought for the Day

      3) Sivananda Daily Readings& Thought for the Day

      4) Various Selections from Sivananda's Works